CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 28, 2002, 04:38 AM

Default matrix installed at last

sponsored links

firstly i had better say thanks to the people who helped me, that includes the matrix chip makers and Goldberg for the evoX ISO and tutorial.
Thanks to Meerdorf and Cameron in oz.
I have had a right game getting this chip to work and to be honest i think that the faults lay with me and that is why i am saying don't give up with this chip. I believe that now i have done it once successfully i could do another one in 20mins max.
I got the chip to program and that wasn't the problem my problem was installing it correctly, although i didn't know that at the time,so every now and then when i wasn't getting anywhere i would go back and put another bios onto the chip believing that i had a faulty bios.
I installed the chip and after much moving around i got the green flashing light instead of the red flashing light. The only thing was to get the green lights the 3 alignment holes did not line up with the points on the motherboard. If I lined up the holes all i got was red LED's, so it had to be the green lights with the chip out of alignment.
Boot up and i got the stopping and starting 3 times with the eject light flashing red/green with nothing coming up on the screen (quite a few people have had this problem).
I left it overnight and started again this morning, new bios and trying to get it to work again.
Anyway the moral of the story is, the 3 alignment holes have to line up with the relevant points on the motherboard and with the chip in this position you must have the green LED's(lots of fiddling). You can get a false green as i did, and everytime i put a new bios on the chip i went back to the false green.
Once i got the thing to work correctly I then installed the evo dashboard using the Golberg method(from CDRW) this is a great way of doing it for us without a network card.
I'm rocking at last, I have only put this on here in the hope that it helps someone else who might be struggling with similiar problems, don't give up.
Old Oct 28, 2002, 07:06 AM

glad i could help mate ...

cameron_in_oz
who can't wait to get back to blighty in 2003
Old Oct 28, 2002, 12:00 PM
Veteran

No worries pal, its what we are all here for... believe me, not very long ago (and still now) I recieve far more help than I could possible give out. Thanks everyone