CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 18, 2002, 07:20 AM

Exclamation Help Celtic_Druid

sponsored links

Hi, I already asked this question in the ps2 forum with no luck. I thought maybe you 'Mr. Druid' could help me out. I have 'Nascar 2001-ps2' I'm trying to make a 1:1 copy. So far I've used Alcohol 120%,Cdrwin,and Clonecd4 but without any luck. The game gets to 83% and starts show errors. Alcohol 120% shutsdown at errors. Cdrwin fails at the 83% mark and Clonecd4 can repair the errors and after patching the image the game won't load. I know it's an old game but I would really like to back it up. I only paid $10 bucks for it used and I've spent $12 in coasters. It's NOW become PERSONAL!!! Any help would be great! I know the EA guys have all sorts of things on their disc's to F-U-up but I have never had this problem before.
Old Dec 18, 2002, 11:13 AM
Veteran

As far as I know PS2 games don't contain read errors, so it sounds to me like a simple case of the disc being damaged.

Odd though that Alcohol shuts down at errors... I have read several CD's that contained errors using it, without problems.

Best advice would be to make a copy from a disc that is not damaged and then just get rid of the original.
Old Dec 18, 2002, 12:39 PM

Exclamation Thankyou

Thankyou very much for the time. I find it very strange about the errors also. The original plays fine. Oh well it was so cheap I can use it as the back-up!(haha) have a good xmas and New Year!