CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 30, 2003, 12:04 AM
Veteran

Default has anyone installed a pogo w/X2 in v1.0?

sponsored links

I was just wondering if anyone has installed the pogo-pin adaptor with an X2 lite in the V 1.0 xbox as I have heard that the 1.0 has solder filled points and I was wondering if this was a help or a hinderance in the install process. I know that a version 1.0 is easier with a matrix mod which also uses pogo-pins (I believe). Thanks
Old Feb 05, 2003, 08:07 PM

nah easy mate, the holes are just really big vias, get some thin de-solder braid and some no corrosive flux, rub a bit of flux on the braid, i would only use a low watt soldering iron (15-18W), with a really thin tip, just heat the solder in the holes and touch with the desolder braid, you will have to do it 2-3 time`s to get them clear, make sure you get the braid in the hole as much as you can to get the most solder off in one go, keep cutting the braid down as it gathers solder, give, the board time to cool down inbetween desoldering, you should be ok , takes me about ten minutes to clear them now..easy peasy
Old Feb 05, 2003, 09:57 PM
Veteran

do you have to clear them though? I have virtually no experience with soldering and I simply need to know if they need to be cleared before I can put a pogo on the areas. I have heard that some people have actually filled thier holes with solder to get the matrix to fit better.
Old Feb 07, 2003, 01:39 PM
Veteran

seems that over at xbox-scene.com that some guys have finally done it and gotten it to work okay but I still can't get a straight answer out of those who have done it if they had to remove the solder or not to get it to seat right. No surprise the line-up is a bit tougher than the matrix but one person discovered a trick on how to get one to seat right. do a search in modchip section and you will find it. I hope this helps
Old Feb 08, 2003, 07:40 PM
Veteran

Fried xboxs. It was bound to happen sooner or later but it's finally conviced me to have a trusted pro install my modchip for me. check out gd x2 lite and pogos at www.xbox-scene.com as someone there used x2 lite with the pogo-pins and fried his xbox, smoke actually started comming out. All installs have their risk but to buy a device that is drastically supposed to reduce this risk in addition to the modchip and then to have everything go up in smoke is just too much. I hope this helps with others who are considering the pogo options
Old Feb 10, 2003, 09:16 PM

HHHMMMMmmm!, ive install 10 x2`s (lites) in v1.0 (solder filled), it is very easy to get the solder out, if your no good at soldering then dont even atempt an install, taking the solder out took longer than fittin the mod, but hey, all the ones ive done are ok, i stand by the executer 2, just as i stand by the messiah 2. their the best most reliable chips ive installed, and will continue to do so...

things can and will go wrong, even for the pro`s, put it down to experience