CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 19, 2003, 03:38 PM

Default XBOX Stolen ! Need help to chip my new one pleeease !!!

sponsored links

OK some b*****ds broke into my house and nicked tons of stuff (including wrapped up xmas presents) on Wednesday night.......they took my chipped, HDD upgraded Ver 1.1 XBOX too.

Its been a while since I chipped my XBOX and I used an X2 lite previously and it worked fine - flashed it using FLASHX whenever I needed to and never had a problem with it.

When I chipped it I soldered the Pin header, the underside D0 point and I was done....but that was a V1.1 XBOX - the one Ive got is either a 1.2 or 1.3 (just got back from Argos with it - looked at the manufactured date and its back in March 03).

So - Ive looked on the web and cant really see X2 lits available now - they all seem to be X2.3 ? So my question is - can I just install an X2.3 or X2 (if I can find one) in the same way as on my previous V1.1 XBOX (ie header pin and D0 install - the end !!)

Thanks !
Old Dec 19, 2003, 09:27 PM
Veteran

same exact install, however oringal x2 won't work with 1.3 and higher. needs to be an x2.2 or 2.3.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 01:40 AM

Nice one - Ill get me an X2.3 ordered ASAP then !

PS - whats the deal with the USB jobby on the X2.3 - is it necessary to do this part for a standard install ?

Also - my X2 lite came pre-flashed with X2 bios - is this the case for the X2.3 or will it be a cromwell bios and ill need to flash it from CDRW (would have been from CDR but unfortunately I got a Phillips drive this time !)

Last edited by JLGMAX; Dec 20, 2003 at 01:42 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 10:05 AM
Veteran

2.3 comes with flashbios.. a variation of cromwell where to update the bios you just pop in a bios cd (loads of tutorials all over the place, and super easy to do).
the usb 'jobby' is required, it's how the new chips get power. version 1.5 boxes don't have power on the lpc so the new chip design grabs from the usb. when working on an older version xbox, you will still have to use the usb power adapter.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 06:55 AM
Veteran

Just wanted to say unlucky m8, not what you need at this time of the year, though it does show what it will drive some people to do.
Old Dec 21, 2003, 08:13 AM

Thanks m8 - we are slowing buying stuff back and the insurers have been very good so far......for anyone who hasnt got home insurance I just want to point out that at times like this it is worth every penny so think about covering yourselves !