CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 17, 2002, 08:07 PM

Default MGS2 DVDr game problem

sponsored links

I have a problem with my MGS2 DVDr...

My housemate has played to the part where you are trying to cool the C$s with the coolant at the heliport.

Interested, I started my own game but forgot that I had no memory card space left. So, I played past that part and had to abandon it.

The next day, I deleted some files and started a new game. First of all, when you start a new game, do you get a choice between ' tanker-plant' and 'tanker'? what's the difference? It seems to lead to the same thing.

Afetr starting the new game, I played and saved normally. After taking the photos of the metal gear ray, I continued as normal and watched the cutscenes where ocelot stole the metal gear ray. Then I got a code which I was suppose to send to konami's japanese website (I assume this is some sort of high-score competition). The game asked me if I wanted to save (which I did) and then it restarted.

Funnily, when I housemate first played, he did not get a stat screen after the tanker episode. Also, I seemed to have unlocked the extreme mode for the game.

1. Is this a fault of the game?
2. Is there something wrong with the DVDr backup?
3. are the menus too complicated?

I have tried different combos like using very easy, easy and normal mode. Funnily, my housemate's game loads as normal.

Plz email me at [email]jasontlc@yahoo.com[/email]
Old May 18, 2002, 04:23 AM

Sigh.....

You are lucky I had this problem. however, i actually used my brain to figure it out

In the choice of Tanker or Tanker-Plant, choosing tanker means you play the tanker chapter only. When youy beat plant you will get a plant chapter only selection. Tanker-Plant lets you play both.

You picked Tanker. Go back and choose Tanker-Plant and you will be able to play the full game.

Metal Gear 4 life!

Last edited by sfetaz; May 18, 2002 at 04:25 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2002, 04:43 PM

Weirdly enough, we did try both choices and both did not work at all........After trying tanker a few times, i did try tanker-plant and that did not work......

I just erased my housemate's game and it worked 100%.
Old Jun 12, 2002, 06:21 PM
Veteran

Tanker-plant should play the full game.
Its a Great game

Also there making MGS2 Substance, 300+ VR missions
and there Remaking MGS1 with MGS2's engine and grahix.