CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 19, 2003, 02:46 PM
Veteran

Default DVD2SVCD works then I have trouble burning with NERO. HELP!!!!

sponsored links

OK

I use DVD2SVCD and the DVD rips fine. I go to Nero and click on file then click burn image and my the parts of the move come up whether it's 2 or 3 but I also have something in there that says "image". When I click on CD1.cue then open, I get the the screen where I SHOULD be able to write the cd. When I click 'write; something wierd happens. It comes up like its ready to burn and then a "save image file" comes up. With IMAGE highlighted and blinking. Underneath it says 'save as type' IMAGE FILES. If I hit 'save' it saves it to image files and then seems like it's going to start burning but the record buffer level has no pecentages in the box and does not burn anything. What is going on here. I am actually asking then for a friend. I have DVD2SVCD and I use nero to burn and I have no problems. I gave him my copy of Nero and told him what to do step by step so I can't understand why he is having these problems. Any help would be great. Thank you .
Old Dec 19, 2003, 03:32 PM
Veteran

I think I found the problem but I still have a problem. Under the "choose recorder" tab in nero it asks which recorder to use. His says Image recorder which is the problem. He should have his cd-rom hi-lighted in there and that would take care of the problem to the best of my knowledge. The NEW problem is this: He does not have anything else in there to be able to hi-light. How does he get his cd-rom (Lite-on Combo which is supported by Nero according to the Nero website) to show up so that he can hi-light and choose this as his recorder instead of Image recorder? This is the new question. Thanks for the help.
Old Dec 20, 2003, 01:47 AM
Veteran

Try updating Nero. Could also be because of an OEM serial locking Nero to a different drive.

Plenty of other programs capable of burning BIN/CUE's though.