CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 13, 2004, 10:48 PM
Veteran

Default How can i do this?

sponsored links

I have an AVI video that i need to burn to a CD disc for a friend. He wants to be able to play it on his DVD player thru his TV. I have Nero and a Yamaha FW1 burner. Is there any way to do this? Any advice at all will be new to me because as you may have guessed, i know absolutly zero about burning any kind of video other than just burning the data files to disc. So is there a way to do this or is he going to have to settle for playing it on his PC? Thanks.

PS: what IS a video Cd anyway? (i noticed this option in nero) Is it just nothing more than a Cd with the AVI or mpeg data file and an ini file that makes it play automatically?
Old Jan 14, 2004, 01:44 AM
Veteran

dazco,

could probably go on for ages about this, but basically....

The AVI file in usual terms would not be able to be played through a dvd player so it needs to be converted to a VCD. This can be done through Nero or through a more conventional method of using a specific application for converting, such as TMPGEnc. Once converted then you will have a VCD compliant Mpeg file as the output and this can be burnt direct using Nero.

Have a look at the following link ***********.dvdrhelp.com/tmpgenc.htm which guides you through the conversion process. Then just open Nero and choose the VCD option you talked about, from the wizard, and away you go.

HTH, T.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 09:43 AM
Veteran

And if i do that, the result WILL play on a DVD player? (this is a standalone DVD hooked to a TV)
Old Jan 14, 2004, 09:48 AM

providing the standalone is vcd/svcd compatable
Old Jan 14, 2004, 02:02 PM
Veteran

Thats what i needed to know.......thanks