CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 09, 2005, 12:58 PM

Question Copy DVD to hard drive

sponsored links

Hi,
I have a prized DVD Video a friend made for me (not copyrighted) (Mpeg2, 4.20GB capacity, running time is 128 minutes, 1 layer, ISO 9660, UDF) which I was unable to watch on any of my equipment because it is a DVD+R. I have replaced one of my DVD drives on my PC with a RW drive which reads all formats. I would like to be able to copy the DVD onto a -R disk so I could then watch it on my standalone player.
I presume I have to copy it to my hard drive first but would welcome advice HOW to do that please - then what is the best way to burn it to new media please?
Thank you for any tips from one very new to this!

Cheers!
Old Sep 09, 2005, 01:20 PM
Veteran

what burning programs do you have? did you just try to copy the DVD?
Old Sep 09, 2005, 01:35 PM

Default copy DVd to hard drive

Thanks for reply. I have Nero Express and have successfully used that for CDs but reading all the forums about copying DVDs makes it appear that it is not as simple as that - hence NO! I never tried to copy it. Been told I need decrypter etc
Old Sep 09, 2005, 04:34 PM
Veteran

just copy the disc M8, as your friend made it up for you and its not copy protected it will copy just fine.
Old Sep 09, 2005, 06:21 PM

I appreciate your advice, did as you said and it worked a treat! Can now watch on main TV! You wouldn't believe the number of people who have made me think it was oh so difficult! lol ....but they obviously thought it must be a copyrighted DVD.

If I have any more queries I know where to come for advice.

Thank you.