CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 10, 2003, 02:18 AM
Veteran

Default Matrix came apart, I screwed it back in place, now I have an error!

sponsored links

I just got this xbox 2 weeks ago not even for me, but for family. All of a sudden it doesn't boot up with the mod logo only the original ms dash logo. I go into it following the xbox mod scene tutorial. I finally fix the prob (wasn't aligned right...also shotty workmanship. A lot of scrathes, tapes, and dust) I fixed it. 2 hours 1 big *** screw and 2 washers later. Now when I boot It says

Oops! Somethig Is Wrong!
07------Disc error

Code Definition
5-9 Hdd error

I don't jack about the xbox bios or anything else for that matter. I know that it has a 40 maxtor gig HD, Executer 2, apps, and some games

If anyone can help, Help...........

email or post here [email]dajugganaut@yahoo.com[/email]
Old Feb 11, 2003, 12:24 AM

didnt u say it had a matrix in it?
personally i hate matrix chips.. they always have some problem when i used them. or installed them for people. now i use ex2 lite. works amazing, never any problems
Old Feb 11, 2003, 03:37 AM
Veteran

Okay here was the porblem, I hooked back everything up but forgot to plug the ide cabla back to the motherboard.....yeah...I know........lol

Soution to never having the matrix chip slide out. (How I fixed mine)

The washer and tape don't bother with it. Take a inch screw and two quarter inch washers stack them on top and screw the screw right in. There ya go. Tight as all hell and no stripping.