CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 19, 2002, 03:31 PM

Default Official sega gun work on US DC?

sponsored links

I was about to import one when I remembered reading some place that the official sega gun wouldnt work with the US dreamcast. I think i remembered them mentioning it not working with HOTD:2 on a US system, but now i cant find any reference to it anywhere. What say you veterans? And if not the official gun, which one is recommended? Im lookin online cause im having trouble finding any around town......
Old Dec 04, 2002, 02:49 PM

well I ordered one from the UK, now i just wait and see.
Old Dec 04, 2002, 05:30 PM
Veteran

I dunno about the original gun (I don't think it was sold in North America for very long) but I have the Interact "Starfire Lightblaster" and it works for me. I think it may depend on the verison of the game (PAL, NTSC / orginial/backup) If I remember correctly, the backup of Confidential mission (US version) only worked with US guns and the PAL version (the one I have) worked with guns from all regions.
Old Dec 05, 2002, 01:37 PM

As far as i know the official sega gun was never released in the USA at all. If I remember correctly, Columbine had just happened and Sega decided they couldnt chance any negative publicity and made a quick decision not to release it here (the US). The reason i asked to begin with was because I swear I remembered reading about the official guns being non functional with with US consoles/games. Im also crossing my fingers and hoping that a lightgun from the UK will work on an NTSC tv, because i know they use PAL over there.......
Old Dec 06, 2002, 02:46 PM

sorry to say, but It will not work with NTSC games. It is compatible with NTSC TV signal, but NTSC games have a protection and when they detect PAL gun they will disable it. However you should be able to use it witch ie. SNES emulator and some of games which support gun on this system.
You should buy some not official gun, most of them will work with any (NTSC and PAL) games