CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Closed Thread

Old May 07, 2002, 12:27 PM
Veteran

Default Advice needed using logitech webcam and msn messenger , win xp

sponsored links

me and my m8 got webcams recently and could not get them to work on msn messenger , both of us run win xp and ran the audio and video tuning wizard , both webcams are logitech quickcam web . I have no idea why we could not use the video conversation mode with msn messenger can anyone explain why or advise me how to get it to work .
We installed yahoo messenger which was on the logitech cd and managed to get it going with yahoo no probs , i would rather use msn as all my contacts are on there , why does it work on yahoo ok but we cant get them to work on msn , any help would greatly appreciated .

Im on adsl and my m8s is 56k connection , sound breaks up a bit , is there a better way to chat with webcams without sound breaking up ? Or is it down to my m8s 56k connection or can it be isp etc ??
Old May 07, 2002, 02:15 PM
Veteran

Hey mate.... same config here man and oops... same probs too

So we are using eyeball chat. You and your friend can d/l and register to eyeball over [url=www.eyeball.com]here. It gives you bigger n' clear picture. Better than MSN !!
Old May 07, 2002, 02:16 PM

Hi there,

The only way to use a cam with MSN Messenger is to use Netmeeting. You could also just start Netmeeting and then put in thier IP number and call them.
Old May 07, 2002, 04:26 PM
Veteran

is net meeting in windows xp ?
Will checkout eyeball chat

cheerz for info folks
Closed Thread