CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 06, 2002, 09:06 PM
Veteran

Default Simple NewsGroup Question.... & burning question...

sponsored links

Hey there... I'm trying to work with newsgroups and I'm on one that has files that are the same but ONE is always smaller... Do I remit, or drop the smaller (MB) file or keep it? I thought you had to keep them all even...

Then I'm using Nero, Disc Juggler, and CDRwin to burn the ISO. I can't get any of them to give me a good burn. I'm trying again tonight and need feedback. I've made several coasters so far. (Trying to get Tekken 4 for PS2.)

I have the repair patch and just can't seem to get the whole thing to work. Thanks for all your help since this is all new to me. I've been through the FAQ here on the forum and read some other info as well as talked to a few ppl but again I must be doing something wrong. (I've been burning regular backups 1x1 for quite a while now but this is different it seems.) Take care, CFizz
Old Apr 06, 2002, 09:14 PM
Veteran

the last one is always smaller isn't it?
umm you may need sniperkillas patch to fix the game
i made MANY coasters (i put them to goode use though :d) whilst trying to burn this game until i got sniperkillas patch
umm when you download the game you should have 26 files and the last one should be the smallest (dunno how big i deleted the files) and the others are the same 20mb size
If it lets you unrar properly all is good
here is a link to sniperkillas patch
it fizes the dodgy ea string in kalisto's trainer
***********.hgb-leipzig.de/~spiv/ps2/patches/trainers/Tekken4_Trainer_Pal-NTSC_selector_sk-tek4fixed.zip
it's 1.1mb
hope this solves your problem!
Old Apr 07, 2002, 12:46 AM
Veteran

I've reloaded the game and used the patch and still I get coasters..... I think it's time to pull my hair out! The game is in a ZIP about 560megs in size and I've tried everything that I've been told. (I can't find the .bin and .cue or I would use CDRwin, any help on that?) I even got an entirely different rip of the game so I'm at a loss now....... any suggestions? CFizz

2 game rips... 6 coasters.......

If you want you can e-mail me at [email]cousinfizz@yahoo.com[/email] with any help you have if you don't want to go into detail here, thanks.......

Last edited by CousinFizz; Apr 07, 2002 at 01:28 AM.
Old Apr 07, 2002, 03:06 AM

what news reader are you using? and is it yenc compatible? (probably why you got the zip files). i use newsshark and decode the yenc files with the yenc32 program and get rar files(not zips).
Old Apr 07, 2002, 06:36 AM
Veteran

It's not a reader it's easynews... in other words it's a website full of news groups. Any help into what I should do next? Thanks again......
Old Apr 07, 2002, 12:18 PM

I use the EasyNews web service every now and then with no problems. You'll need to unzip the big file...the rar's are in the zip. Then check the rar's with either the .par or .sfv files to make sure all the pieces are kosher. If everything check's out, use winrar to extract the archive and there will be the .cue & .bin files for cdrwin