CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Consumer's Opinion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 23, 2002, 01:25 AM
Veteran

Default Microsoft wireless explorer mouse review

sponsored links

Just wanted to warn anyone thinking of getting one of these. First of all, it's not nearly as smooth as a regular wired optical, and that was enough to return it. (which i will be doing tomorrow) But even worse, the radio contact with the reciever is very unstable. Tonite it lost contact 4 or 5 times leaving me with a dead mouse which requires you to press a button on the reciever and the bottom of the mouse. But even then it often doesn't come back till you do it 3 or 4 times. This thing is junk ! Gey a MS optical explorer. Mine works great.......should have left well enough alone, but i love the size and shape of the wireless. Very ergonomic and easy on the hand. Why they don't make a wired mouse like it i can't understand.
Old Sep 23, 2002, 02:18 AM
Veteran

are u talking about this one: ***********.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/wie_info.asp

because my friends has one of those, and i never heard him encounter any of those problems. he is very satistfy with his wireless mouse.
Old Sep 23, 2002, 02:19 AM
suspended

Yup, my brother has 1 too and he loves it. I think you unfortunately bought a bad one.
Old Sep 23, 2002, 10:13 AM
Veteran

No, it's not a "bad one". I read tons of reviews that said the exact same thing. But there were a VERY few that said they were happy with it. Hoping i'd be one of those i waited about 6 months and finally bought one thinking maybe they'd improved them. Nope. I wanted one so bad i finally just broke down.

Anyway, to those who like them and had a regular MS optical before it, try plugging your old one back in ! When i did it was like a breatrh of fresh air....it's just SOOOO much more responsive. The wireless doesn't follow your movements well at all........as tho it's only recieving about 80% of the movements.

And yes DC, thats the one.