CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 29, 2003, 08:25 AM

Unhappy FlashFXP 0 byte transfer problem

sponsored links

Hi,

I've been trying to transfer files from a dvd-r containing the SEGA emu + roms. However, most of the roms are transferring 0 bytes despite running fine from the DVD-r.

Curiously, there doesn't sem to be anything to distinguish them from the ones that DO trnasfer ok. (ie I've compared file sizes, characters in file names, file name lengths, etc).

Does any one have any ideas how I can acquire these files?

Many thanks Pi
Old Sep 29, 2003, 01:19 PM
Veteran

Are you sure about that? I had the same problem and all the files that exceeded the fatx filename length limit were the ones that didn't go through.

However if you burn the emulator and roms to a dvd then they will play.

In the batch i had there were so many that exceeded the length limit it wasn't worth renaming (i think you have to rename within the zip file as well) its no use just renaming the zip
Old Sep 30, 2003, 03:36 AM

Hiya Nimbles,

yeah, I had the problem with file length before so that was one of the first things I checked. I also read somewhere about certain characters not being compatible with FatX so checked that. However, I cannot see any reason why some certain files transfer and others don't and I can't confirm what the files INSIDE the zip are like because I can't see them on my PC

The files I want are on a DVD that runs in my xbox - I tried using an iso tool to extract them directly from the DVD drive on my pc but when I try to open the roms directory it says there are no files inside it (despite the FlashFXP showing over 3000 when it checks the disc in the xbox!).

I can copy the DVD and the copy works fine on the xbox but I was hoping to extract the roms for use on my PC. Guess I might have to live with it.

I was just wondering if there was a way around the 0 bytes problem because if I encounter it in the future, does that mean I will be unable to transfer from the xbox DVD drive to the PC???

Many thanks,

Pi
Old Sep 30, 2003, 04:20 AM
Veteran

ok you'll need this program xiso (v1.1.5) it can read xbox backups.

find it on the iso tools page at xbox-scene.

select the drive u have put the disc in and click on "read xdvd" (button looks like a magnifying glass over a disc)

select folder and then click on save dile (i think its meant to be save file )

it doesn't save the folder you select but transfers everything in that folder to the destination folder, so with something like genesis roms you may want to create a new folder somewhere on your hd before extracting them from the disc)

Last edited by nimbles; Sep 30, 2003 at 04:28 AM.
Old Oct 01, 2003, 10:11 AM

Cheers again Nimbles - I'll give it a shot when I get back home and let you know how I get on!!!