CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 25, 2004, 12:37 PM

Default Problem accessing PC via WAP (PAT/uPNP)

sponsored links

I am trying to use a program called Polyphonic Wizard which will allow my PC to act as a WAP server for my phone to pick up games from my hard drive - since it is not possible via my data cable.

However, I am receiving the following problem:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"First the good news!

Your computer has an internet connection through your network, router or cable model and can be contacted using the URL:

********82.*.**.72

Now the bad news!

When we tried to contact your PC using a phone emulator, the connection test indicated your router or firewall software is currently blocking access to the Polyphonic Wizard software.

When trying to connect we got the following response:

< name=S1 rows=8 cols=75><HTML> <HEAD><TITLE>403 Forbidden</TITLE></HEAD> <BODY> <H1&g t;Forbidden</H1> <H4> You were denied access because:<P> Access denied by access control list. </H4> <HR> </BODY> </HTML&g t;

Please review this response to see if it looks like a message from your network router, modem or firewall, then follow the steps shown below to configure your computer to allow the Polyphonic Wizard to work with your specific network setup.

Troubleshooting - Router / Modem Configuration

If the response contained a message from a web server, this probably means your router is currently using port 80 for its configuration. Many routers use a web based client to allow you to configure them, and by getting this message, it simply means yours has not yet been configured to allow port 80 to be forwarded to your PC.

Try accessing ********82.3.32.72/ in your web browser and log in to configure your router.

You can usually configure your router to 'forward' or 'route' certain ports to pc's on your local network, to allow your phone to access your pc.

The Polyphonic Wizard is currently listening on port 80 so if you have access to your router configuration, try forwarding port 80 to your pc.

You specifically need to forward (or route) port 80 to the IP address 192.168.1.102 using TCP.

Sometimes the forwarding is also called PAT (Port Address Translation) or uPNP.

Troubleshooting - Firewall Software

If you are not getting a connection at all, or the message says your firewall has refused the connection, try looking at your firewall software to see if it is blocking connections on port 80.

If you are using Windows XP and use the XP firewall, follow these steps to configure the XP firewall:

Click the 'Start' button and select 'Control Panel'

Click on 'Network and Internet Connections'

Click on 'Network Connections'

Locate the connection with the firewall (usually your dial up connection with 'Firewalled' written below it.

Right click on this connection and select 'Properties'. A new window will appear.

On this window click 'Advanced' then select 'Settings' at the bottom of the window.

Click 'Add' and enter the details below into the 'Service Settings' window

Description of ServiceWeb Server (HTTP) - This entry may already exist - if so just enable it!Name or IP192.168.1.102 External Port (TCP)80Internal Port (TCP)80

Finally click OK, ensure the Web Server (HTTP) - This entry may already exist - if so just enable it!1 is enabled in the services list, then try your phone again.

Troubleshooting - Trying Again

Once you have made any configuration changes, simply reload this page to try the connection again.

If you have to re-boot your router or cable modem, you may find your IP address changes. If you are unable to reload this page, simply go back to the Polyphonic Wizard and click the 'Connection Troubleshooting' button again.

Alternative Solutions

If the above steps fail, we are afraid it is likely your router or firewall does not allow, or is not configured to allow remote connections to your PC. The only remaining alternative in this case is to use the 'save to file' option to save the ringtone to your pc, and then try sending this file to your phone by another method.

We have reports from some users that have access to free web space on their dial up internet providers web servers, that they can upload the saved ringtones to that space, then download these onto their phones.

For user and Coding Workshop support please visit our support forum at ***********.ringtonesoftware.com/phpBB2/."

------------------------------------------------------------ ------

I have tried closing Zone Alarm and then trying it, and it still does not work. I do not have the Windows XP firewall on either.

I guess I have to do port forwarding on my router but don't know how to do it?

Any help much appreciated.

Here is the router interface I have:

[IMG]********img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/TheGame7/routerinterface.jpg[/IMG]