CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 7
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 24, 2014, 03:21 AM

Default Tips Encoding a VOB file for using in Premiere Pro

sponsored links

Summary: Facing problems when importing VOB video files into Adobe Premiere Pro for further editing? This tutorial just aims to solve Adobe won’t import VOB video issues.

When you add video files like VOB to Adobe Premiere Pro, you’ll be disappointed since Adobe doesn’t support the .vob format natively. First of all, have a look at the related issues:

Q1: I am currently having a problem encoding or converting a vob file to edit in premiere pro. I first tried encode it using Adobe media encoder but it only seems to encode the first 30 seconds of the clip, when the clip is 29 min long. So after that I searched around the net for answers, and a popular suggestion was changing the file extension to mpg, I did this and put it into premiere pro but it loses the audio.

Q2: How to import clips (VOB files) into Adobe Premiere Pro without losing a quality. I have DVD brought from my holiday and I really would like to change some parts.

As some guys suggest, you can change the file name from *.VOB to *.MPG and then import the MPGs in Premiere and render. You may have a try. While, when I tired the way, the files still can’t be imported to Premiere perfectly. Message says: "File format not supported". It seems that the re-naming method does not work.

If you’re in such a situation, there is an easy way to fix the issue. Get a VOB converter and transcode .vob files to MPEG-2, which will save you both time and trouble, and all you need is to drag the result videos for prompt editing. For this purpose, this article will show you how to convert VOB to MPEG-2 on Mac in detail.

How to Convert VOB for Editing in Premiere Pro smoothly

Step 1: Download, install and run Brorsoft Video Converter for Mac, and then click the “Add” button to load the .vob videos.

The program is an easy-to-use yet professional app which can be used as a VOB video converter under Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion, Snow Leopard 10.6, Leopard 10.5. It is free, clean and safe to install and use. With it, you can effortlessly transcode VOB to MPG for Adobe Premiere, AIC MOV for iMovie 08/09/11/FCE, Apple ProRes MOV for Final Cut Pro X/7/6, DNxHD for Avid MC, etc. and it works well and converts flawlessly. If you're using a Windows, simply get the equivalent Brorsoft Video Converter to encode VOB to Premiere Pro on Windows.

Step 2: Click “Format” pull down list to select Adobe Premiere/Sony Vegas> MPEG-2(*.mpg) as the best video format for Premiere Pro. WMV, MOV formats are the good choice as well.

Tip: Click the Settings icon to adjust video and audio parameters on the Profile Setting as you need to get the best quality video.

Step 3: Simply click the "Convert" button to start converting and everything else will be automated. If you have added quite a bunch of video files, it would take some time to convert. In such case, you can click Option and tick the box “Shut down the computer after conversion”.

You're done. Now your VOB files will be converted into MPG files ready to be imported to Adobe Premiere Pro CS5/CS6/CC7 beautifully.

Source:How to Import VOB files into Adobe Premiere Pro

Quote:
********lydia-file-transferring.jimdo.com/2014/02/23/vob-to-premiere-pro-how-can-i-use-vob-files-in-adobe-premiere-pro/