CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 31, 2002, 12:57 PM

Default Motorola surfboard cable modem keeps disconnecting?

sponsored links

Ok..... lately.... my New Motorola Cable Modem Surfboard SB4100 series keeps disconnecting itself.The lights that says Power Recieve Send Online..... from time to time.... it just goes to Recieve then I can't get on the internet until it reconnects itself which can range from 30 minutes to an hour and maybe even more.It's really annoying too because it happens when I am on Kazaa & WinMX... or if I am on something really busy like surfing the net.What can I do to make it stop doing that.... it does it once everyday & sometimes more.
Old Jul 31, 2002, 05:51 PM

Sounds like our cable provider to me. I have the same modem, thru Adelphia Cable. Every now and again Adelphia conducts a test of the EBS, which disconnects everyone from cable use for about 25 seconds.

Your ISP might be upgrading, or performing maintenance on the lines. Call them up and ask them about it. If you feel like this is interfering with the quality they are providing, ask them to prorate your bill.

But who knows, I'm an idiot.

Moe
Old Aug 01, 2002, 04:28 AM
Veteran

thats normally an isp problem phone them and tell them you are not happy
Old Aug 01, 2002, 10:08 AM

I have the same modem and problem on NTL it is the ISP, NTL tec services say that if you turn off your modem, disconnect the coax for 3 minutes reconnect turn on again it should be ok for a week or so, mine is anyway its something to do with the ISP addy it finds a microsoft fault addy and not ntl's
Old Aug 01, 2002, 03:08 PM

yea i have motorala surfboard 4200 i think or something and that happened to me so i called my isp provider and they said disconnect the power plug for 5mintues and that should erase the clutter or ram in the modem. i don't know what the hell he was talking about but it worked for me most of the time. cheers m8
Old Aug 02, 2002, 12:13 AM
suspended

Yes, that's the standard procedure to reset and renew your lease. However if that doesn't work, I'd be about 99% sure that your service is down.