CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 29, 2002, 01:46 PM
Veteran

Default HELP! Virus has infected files

sponsored links

A virus has infected most of my programs. The virus was WIN32.Funlove.int and infected MOST of my programs but they were repaired by Norton. BUT (here is the bad part) it also infected bride.exe, and MSCONFIG.exe (if you know what msconfig does, you will understand my predicament).

This other part is probably worse. There was a second program infecting my computer. W32.Brid.A@MM . It infected explorer.exe, and regedit.exe. Again, if you know what these files are, you will understand.

I know Norton has a fix for both of these things. *********securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.brid.removal.tool.html
But it says that i should replace the file (explorer, regedit, msconfig) and all will be better. Does anyone have specific instructions on how to do this.

I am running Win98SE. i don't think anymore info is necessary but if it is, just ask.
Old Dec 29, 2002, 02:09 PM
Veteran

Hello Wasabi mate. Meeting after a long.

If you have access to another Win98 machine you can simply copy those files over infected ones, using MS-Dos mode. Just a thought.
Old Dec 29, 2002, 02:11 PM
Veteran

We meet again .
Can you give me the essential commands to copy files from a floppy? Im a little rusty in the dos area. thanks
Old Dec 29, 2002, 02:22 PM
Veteran

For copying to floppy using DOS mode:

CD\Windows (Assuming the default Windows location)
Copy filename.ext A:\ (for Regedit.exe and Explorer.exe)

CD\Windows\System
Copy filename.ext A:\ (for MSConfig.exe)

To copy over infected ones in DOS Mode :

A:
Copy Filename.ext C:\Windows /y (for Regedit.exe and Explorer.exe)
Copy msconfig.exe C:\Windows\System /y