CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 22, 2003, 05:15 PM
Veteran

Question PSOne Force PAL mod??

sponsored links

Help!

Just chipped a PSone with the ONE chip and this basically makes the PSOne output in NTSC mode which is no good for a PAL telly unless you're using a RGB scart lead.

Just wondering if there is a mod like a link wire that will force the output from the PSOne back into PAL?

Not interested in the colour mod as that is already installed and its all I seem to trawl up when searching on the net.

Basically I'm installing a switch on the PSOne so I can switch between modes that will be acceptable for the add-on screens e.t.c.

Doing my head in! lol..

Any help on this is greatfully appreciated. Model is a 102 by the way, old board layout.

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...
Old Jul 25, 2003, 11:18 AM
Veteran

Default Re: PSOne Force PAL mod??

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Spagboll [/i]
[B]Help!

Just chipped a PSone with the ONE chip and this basically makes the PSOne output in NTSC mode which is no good for a PAL telly unless you're using a RGB scart lead.

Just wondering if there is a mod like a link wire that will force the output from the PSOne back into PAL?

Not interested in the colour mod as that is already installed and its all I seem to trawl up when searching on the net.

Basically I'm installing a switch on the PSOne so I can switch between modes that will be acceptable for the add-on screens e.t.c.

Doing my head in! lol..

Any help on this is greatfully appreciated. Model is a 102 by the way, old board layout.

Mike ( Spagboll ) ... [/B]
Sorry
Cant help you with that one Mike

The only thing I can think of man is to use one of the pal to ntsc patchers on www.consolecopyworld.com these patchers can change pal into ntsc and vice-versa.

Multimode 3 chips work great in those models too that chip with a patcher should solve your problems