CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 24, 2003, 10:03 PM

Default Says blank CD-R is full. Frustrated! [NEC; PM; winXP]

sponsored links

Hi all,

I am new to the technology of CD- RW recorders. I have no problem recording music to the hard drive, however when I attempt to record the tracks to a CD-R disc, be it imation or Emtec I get a message saying that the CD is full, when actually it is entirely empty.

I receive this message when I attempt to burn through both Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 and through Windows Media Player. I have read the instructions top to bottom and back again. I do not know what I am doing wrong. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mahogany.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 07:24 AM

Try it with Nero or cdrwin
Old Oct 31, 2003, 04:19 AM
Veteran

Easy CD creator stinks.... get Nero!

Get yourself a free trial at www.nero.com
Old Oct 31, 2003, 01:19 PM
Veteran

Location: Sydney, Australia. Where else would you want to live?

You need to keep your ill informed rubbish to yourself.

The latest Easy CD Creator is every bit as good as Nero and has a better interface, which is where Nero got their "StartSmart" idea from.

And no I don't use Easy CD, but telling someone to change to Nero and it will solve all their problems is a no brainer.

He is obvioulsy doing something wrong or it has a bug etc, which happens with any software!

[b]EDIT[/b]

[b]Nero probably would be better, but so would learning how to use it correctly as well.[/b]

Last edited by Insomniac; Oct 31, 2003 at 01:22 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2003, 10:36 AM
Veteran

Default Re: Says blank CD-R is full. Frustrated! [NEC; PM; winXP]

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by mahogany [/i]
[B].....I receive this message when I attempt to burn through both Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 and through Windows Media Player. ....
mahogany. [/B]
Which version of Easy CD Creator 5 do you have? You should be using 5.35 You might need an update from roxio www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/software_updatesv5.jhtml

Also check to see if XP's inbuilt recording function is disabled. If not then disable it. The inbuilt recording function and third party apps like ECDC don't always get along well together. Right click your CD Writer icon and select Properties->Recording Tab. Uncheck the box that says "Enable recording on this device".

BTW I strongly agree with Insomniac. Software costs money and to arbitrarily tell a person to just switch software is an insult not to mention very impractical. Personally I prefer Nero but that is largely due to it being what I am used to. So I go back to it. But the new version of Easy CD Creator 6 is a very nice package and one that I highly recommend.

Last edited by Harry O; Nov 01, 2003 at 10:43 AM.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:14 PM

Default When a brand new CD-R is showing full

It is incredible how many people are experiencing this problem and in all the world there is not a single geek that can come up with the answer. Why would anyone have to buy special CD Burner software?
Windows XP SP3 and Windows Media freeware should be all that you need. Yet when you click on the drive with the blank CD and then right click and then click on Properties, it says the disc is fully USED. This is the operating system telling you that not burner software.
If you continue on and try to use the burner software, it too tells you to load an empty disc. The disc is FULL. Well it isn't.
Maybe the Memorex CD-R 52X 700MB 80 Min CD's I bought are not compatible with my Dell PC. I don't know. This is just the stupidest, frustrating pile of complication imaginable for such a simple task. I think I will try Memorex themselves next. Do they still exist?