CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 30, 2013, 03:39 AM

Default Import Panasonic AF100 AVCHD Files to Final Cut Pro 7

sponsored links

Get FCP 7 to read MTS files from Panasonic AF100 uccessfully

Summary: Facing the issue that you can't load MTS files from Panasonic AF100 into FCP? In this article, we will give you the tips how to import and edit AVCHD MTS files in Final Cut Pro with Apple Prores LT codec on Mac without problems.

"I have mac osx 10.6.8 with final cut 7. I want to convert avchd mts files to Prores (LT). I have the mts free version but it looks like both converters work with mts and they're almost the same price. Which one do i want?Lately I've been editing other's people shots with my Final Cut 7. I can handle AVCHD from panasonic AF100 if the file structure is still there but sometimes I get orphaned mts files I can't read. I have also been getting footage from a Canon Vixia and a LUMiX GH3 shooting 60p that I can't read."

The AF100 records video to the AVCHD format, in either 1080 (24p, 25p, 30p, 50i, 60i) or 720 (24p, 25p, 30p, 50p, 60p). This AVCHD format is a surprisingly good and well-rounded option that does the AF100 justice. It delivers a very crisp, clean image that suffered from none of the macroblocking you would see in an older prosumer codec like HDV. But if want to edit the 1080p mts files from AF100 on Mac with FCP 6/7, you could find that Panasonic AF100's recording AVCHD MTS files are not the preferred format for Final Cut Studio.

If you want to edit Panasonic AF100 AVCHD video with high quality on Mac with Final Cut Pro 7, you can convert AVCHD to FCP compatibel Prores .MOV before editing. Here is the step-by-step guide for you to import and edit Panasonic AF100 MTS to Final Cut Pro 7 on iMac/MacBook Pro with Mac OS X like Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion.

Step 1: Free Download and install Panasonic MTS to FCP Converter to your Mac. It's excellent Panasonic AVCHD Converter which can convert nearly all Panasonic camcorder videos to any formats you need, such as Apple Prores 422 MOV, Apple InterMediate Codec MOV, QuickTime MOV, etc. Then import your AVCHD files from AF100.

Breaking news: Pavtube has started the 2013 Thanksgiving Crazy Discount, if you get MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac, you can get FLV/F4V Converter for Mac free which can help you to burn mts footage to DVD on Mac with ease. In addition, you can also get more Discount at this promotion page. Take a look now and grasp this opportunity before Dec.10, 2013. Never miss!

Step 2: Click the format bar, and move mouse cursor to "Final Cut Pro > Apple ProRes 422(LT) (*.mov)" as output format for editing in Final Cut Pro 7. This format will give smaller file size.

Tips: To get high quality, please choose "Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) (*.mov)" instead. The Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) codec offers the utmost possible quality for 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 sources (without an alpha channel) and provides the following:

* Target data rate of approximately 220 Mbps (1920 x 1080 at 60i)
* Higher quality than Apple ProRes 422

Learn more Apple ProRes, please refer to Types of Apple ProRes Codecs

Step 3. Click "Convert" button to start transcoding Panasonic AF100 AVCHD videos to FCP 7 on Mac OS.

After a shot conversion, you will be able to import/load Panasonic AF100 mts videos into Final Cut Pro 7 for editing without rendering. With it, you can also get the mts video (especially the 60p .mts shooting) from your Canon Vixia and LUMiX GH3 to recognized by FCP 7. Just have a try. Good luck!

Related gudie:

Panasonic G3 AVCHD to FCP
Panasonic DMC-FZ200 MTS to iMovie
Make Panasonic LX7 compatible with Avid MC
Panasonic Lumix GH3 MTS in FCP X
Panasonic G6 Review and Mac editing Workflow
Panasonic HS900 AVCHD work with iMovie/FCE

From: ********movievideoconvertertips.altervista.org/import-panasonic-af100-mts-to-fcp-7/
Old Jan 07, 2014, 11:46 PM

Default Convert DVD movie for freely playing on Kindle Fire HD

How to Copy DVD disc to Kindle Fire HD on Windows 8.1/Mavericks

Wanna play your DVD movies on Kindle Fire HD? It is really difficult for us to find an effective player to resolve all our DVD videos. Actually, with the help of Pavtube DVD Ripper, we can easily deal with DVD playback issues.

The Kindle Fire HD is the second generation of Amazon's Kindle Fire line of color touchscreen tablet computers. It features a new 1280800 high definition LCD display that brings greater experience on movie watching. Recetly I got my Kindle for watching films or backing up my DVD Collection.

See Also: Amazon Kindle Fire HD Column

However, as we know, Kindle Fire HD can't play DVD directly because it can't have a DVD drive. Kindle Fire HD supports MPEG4, VP8, H.263 videos. To watch DVDs on my new Kindle Fire HD, I think I need to use a DVD ripping software to help you convert DVD to Kindle Fire HD supported video files such as MP4 format.

After trying a few free DVD converters, finallly I find Pavtube DVD to Kindle Fire HD Converter (Alternative Mac version) and purchased it so I can watch my DVD's on my new Kindle Fire HD. I choose Pavtube because the interface was very clear and the whole process seemed very straight- forward. It does a great job in ripping my DVD movies no matter from DVD discs, DVD movie folders, or DVD IFO/ISO image files to a common video for my Kindle Fire HD and a HTC cell phone too. (Learn more about Pavtube Best Sellers and Popular Softwares)

Review: 2014 Top 5 Best DVD Rippers | Which One Will You Choose?

Both the two programs are 30% off now.

How to convert DVD to Kindle Fire HD playable video format?

The below guide uses DVD to Kindle Fire HD Converter for Windows (Windows 8.1 included) screenshots. The way to rip DVD files to your Kindle Fire HD on Mac (Mavericks included) is almost the same. Just make sure you ge the right version.

Step 1. Add DVD files to the program.

Insert DVD movies into your DVD drive, then click "Load file" button to navigate to DVD movies you want to convert. As you can see, added files can be previewed on the right viewing window. You can adjust the video volume and take snapshots of your favorite movie scenes.

Step 2. Set output options for Kindle Fire HD.

Now choose the output format for playback on your Kindle Fire HD. You can get optimized videos for Kindle Fire HD under Format > Android > Amazon Kindle Fire HD H.264(*.mp4). The output videos could fit on your device perfectly. And choose the destination folder to save the converted videos.

Tips:
1. If you want to keep multiple audio tracks and subtitle streams when ripping DVD to MP4, MKV and MOV video, you can try to use Pavtube DVD Ripper Pro: ByteCopy (or Mac version)

2. You can click "Settings" to tweak the detailed video and audio encoding settings. Or click "Edit" button to trim video into several segments by setting a specific output file size, append special effects, crop video screen area, add text/picture watermark.

Step 3. Start the DVD to Kindle Fire HD conversion.

After all the above settings, simply click "Convert" button to start converting DVD to Kindle Fire HD MP4 video for playing. Just wait for the converting process to be done.

After that, find the converted videos in your output folder and transfer them to your Kindle Fire HD. In this way, you can play DVD files on Kindle Fire HD and enjoy them on the go.

P.S. If you have no idea about Kindle Fire HD file transfer, you can check out the post Synchronizing Your Content files to Kindle Fire HD to learn more.

Read More:
Convert DVD ISO/IFO to Kindle Fire HD 7/8.9 on Windows/Mac
Rip/Copy Blu-ray movies to Kindle Fire HD
Top 10 Kindle Fire HD FAQs, Tips and Tricks
Is it possible to play DVD VOB videos on Kindle Fire HD?
Free Transfer and Play AVCHD MTS/M2TS videos onto Kinfle Fire HD
How to sync iTunes movies, music to Kindle Fire HD
Transfer Digital Copy movies to Kindle Fire HD

Source:***********.allvoices.com/contributed-news/16289402-convert-dvd-movie-for-freely-playing-on-kindle-fire-hd
Old Jan 15, 2014, 01:00 AM

Default Free watch Movie on Mavericks with KMPlayer Mac Alternative

KMPlayer Mac Alternative: Convert Videos on Mavericks & Moutain Lion

Summary: Want to look for the alternative of KMPlayer Mac version, you come to the right place! Read this article and learn how to convert videos to Mac (Moutainlion and Mavericks) supported formats with KMPlayer Mac alternative.

KMPlayer is a lightweight audio and video player for Windows that supports a wide range of different file formats, including AVI, ASF, WMV, AVS, FLV, MKV, and many more.

Is there a version for MAC users? KMPlayer is excellent. I want to buy an APPLE Computer. Can I use KMPlayer after I changed my system from Windows to MAC OS X?

To our disappointment, there isn't a KMPlayer Mac version available. Fortunately, when search for alternatives of KMPlayer for Mac you can get a bewildering variety of these ballooning apps. Another way to play the videos on Mac if you don't have KMPlayer for Mac is to convert the videos to Mac QuickTime/iMovie/iTunes supported format.

In this case, you will need a video converting tool which working on Mac OS (Mountain Lion and Mavericks). Here, we highly recommend you to try Pavtube Video Converter for Mac, which works as the best alternative of KMPlayer Mac. With this best Video Converter and Editor for Mac, users can finish SD/HD video converting and editing process with fast speed and high video qualtiy. No need to install multiple KMPlayer Mac programs any more.

Good News! Get 20% OFF Video Converter (Windows & Mac) on Pavtube 2014 New Year Deals.

Not all video tools like Pavtube Video Converter for Mac offer so many video editing options in this full-features and powerful video converter. It edits videos by trimming, cropping, splitting videos, add text/image/video watermark as copyright protection, and attach external *.srt, *.***, or *.ssa subtitles into source media for entertainment. Support perfect audio and video synchronization.

Free Download the Mac Version here ( Note: Please download a dmg file for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard users.)

Tutorials: Convert Play/Convert/Edit videos on Mountain Lion an Mavericks with KMPlayer Mac Alternative

1. Play video/audio files

Download the Pavtube Video Converter for Mac on your computer, install and run the program, add videos.You can choose to import videos or the entire folder by clicking the top left two icons. Click the play icon on the video thumbnail and there will pop up a window and the file you choose will be played automatically.

2. Edit videos as you like[/align]

Find "Edit" icon and then click it, you will find video editor. There you can Trim, Crop, Add watermark and Effect. Above all, Subtitle can be added here.

For creating customized subtitle, you can count on free software for subtitle editing: Subtitle Edit. Go to write the subtitle content there and it will be saved as SRT files, which is supported by Video Converter Ultimate. Then load it to the software for output videos and you will get a characteristic video.

Top 5 Subtitle Sites to Download Subtitles

[align=left]

3. Convert videos to different formats

Click "Format" drop-down list and choose the best preset for you portable device with best video quality. Plenty of presets that can be customized as necessary.

Then you can hit the big red "Convert" to start converting MKV, AVI, VOB, WMV, MPG, Tivo, M4V, FLV, F4V, MTS to MP4 with best video settings on Mac. After the conversion, click "Open output folder" in the conversion window, or "Open" in main interface to quick locate the converted video.

Now, you can transfer these videos to your portable Android/Window 8/Apple device on Mac for smooth playback without any problem. Enjoy your digital life!

KMPlayer for Windows Alternative

Pavtube Video Converter has also Windows version, featuring the same functionality with Mac version. Like the Mac version as better equivalent than KMPlayer Mac, it's the all Windows solution alternative to KMPlayer for Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 8.1.

Tips:

If you have Blu-ray\DVD disks and other video clips, Pavtube Video Converter for Mac for is not enough, you should refer to Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac. This is an –all-in one program which is a great combination of Blu-ray\DVD ripping program and video converting product as well. Great news, Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac is on sale to celebrate Christmas's day and New Year, total 20% off! Just check it out.

Related Guide:

Reviews ByteCopy for Mac- An Alternative to Mac MakeMKV
Get the Best Handbrake Equivalent for Win/Mac
iMovie Alternative for Mavericks: How to Edit Videos on OS X Mavericks
WinFF Alternative for Mac: Convert Any Video or Audio Files on Mac
Any Recommended ClipWrap Alternative?

Source: ********filmholics.tumblr.com/post/72053190015/convert-videos-on-moutainlion-and-mavericks-with
Old Jan 16, 2014, 04:59 AM

Default No time limit to watch Rental Blu-ray with multi-tracks on Tablet/Phone

Play Rental Blu-rays with multi-track on Tablet/Phone without time limitation

Description: Do you have any rental Blu-ray movies in hand to be returned but you still have not watched yet? Do you want to watch these rental Blu-ray movies to your tablet or phone without time limitation? Read the article below can solve your problem easily.

Nowadays, there is a growing number of people prefer to watching the latest Blu-ray movies through renting instead of purchasing. Just add the Blu-ray titles you want to watch to your rental list and they will be dispatched to you when available within your monthly allocation. The convenience for people to sit back and start to enjoy the latest and greatest movies without much pay makes rental Blu-ray movies popular. However, the only disadvantage of rented movies is they have rental periods that you have to complete your watching hurrily:

Quote:
"I have a Blu-ray rental plan with Netflix. Recently I rented Hunger Games and was planning to watch it for a good enjoyment. But I was very busy and had no time to watch it. Return date is coming soon.

First question, does anyone know a way to make it possible to watch the blu-ray movie on my tablet or phone?

I also want to keep the multi-tracks of the movies.
Comments?
Thanks."
Have you meet the same problem and have the same demands with the above customer? If you got some rental Blu-ray movies, you may want to stream them to your tablets/phones for watching anywhere and anytime and no deadline should be worried about. Here this post is mainly talking about how to put and play rental blu-ray movies on tablets/phones with multi-tracks.

Required Software:

Pavtube ByteCopy - Review
Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac - Review

The Reason why we choose Pavtube ByteCopy?

Backup BD/DVD to MKV without quality loss and keep multiple audio tracks and multiple subtitles.

Preserve the chapter structure in a converted movie title.

Edit movie by trimming, cropping, merging, etc and support adding *.srt and *.*** subtitles to BD/DVD movies.

Step by step guide to convert Rental Blu-ray to Tablet/Phone support format

PS: This application can work on Windows XP/2003/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 or Mac OS X 10.5 or 10.5 above (including Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard, Mac OS X Mountain Lion) with 1G Hz or above Intel processor.

Step 1: Install the Rental Blu-ray movies to Tablet/Phone converter, then load your rental blu-ray movies to the program.

Step 2: If you want to watch your rental blu-ray movies with multi-tracks, click the "Format" bar and choose the "Multi-track MP4(*.mp4)" format under "Multi-track Video" option which is designed for keeping multiple audio tracks.

Step 3: ?Click on "Settings" to modify video codec, resolution, frame rate, sample rate etc. Of course, different settings will have different results. And you should know, the higher video quality with bigger video size, please pay attention to your storage. You can change these settings according to your own devices.

Step 4: Start ripping rental Blu-ray movies to Tablet/phone by clicking on the "Convert" button.

Once the conversion completed, transfer the result MP4 video file to your tablet/phone where you want to enjoy it.

Related articles:
Watch rental 3D Blu-ray Movies on iPad/iPhone/iPod without Any Time Limit
Play rental DVDs on Windows 8.1/8 RT/Pro tablet and phones without any time limit
Rip and Watch Blu-ray movies on Android Tablet & Samrtphone
Easy solution to rip Blu-ray Android Phone & Tablet on Mac 10.9 Mavericks
Compress/reduce DVD movies to Multi-track MKV/MP4 within 4GB for Android devices
How to keep Dolby Digital 5.1 audio in Blu-ray movie?

Source: ********device-camcorder-tips.blogspot.com/2014/01/watch-rental-blu-ray-with-multi-track-on-tablet-phone.html
Old Jan 24, 2014, 05:12 AM

Default Problem with Canon 70D 1080/60p video import into Aperture 3

Problem with Canon 70D 1080/60p video import into Aperture 3

Summary: In this article, you will know how to import Canon EOS 70D footages to Apple Aperture 3.

Have been using Aperture V3.1.2 with no issues.I have always imported my images and videos with no problems.Today, imported my raw images but do not see the .mov files.Same camera, Canon 70D, same media cards and Aperture is set to import both JPEG and RAW with RAW as the master.So I know something has changed but after looking for sometime and not sure how to see and import the MOV files. I do get an error that asks me if I want to import uprecognized files or not. So, I guess Aperture is not liking my .MOV files. Appreciate any help!

At first, pleast check in your import settings that the exclude files types area is clear.

Then, how to Import Canon EOS 70D footages to Apple Aperture 3

As the Apple Aperture can't support Canon EOS 70D MOV video footages well due to codec reason, and Canon EOS 70D H.264 MOV video format is not friendly for Apple Aperture, it's a good choice to convert Canon EOS 70D MOV to Apple Aperture best supported video formats, such as Apple ProRes codec MOV, and then you can edit the Canon EOS 70D video in Apple Aperture smoothly. Now, you can follow the easy steps below.

The easy way to import and edit Canon EOS 70D 108p MOV in Apple Aperture.

Step 1: Download Pavtube Mac Canon MOV to Aperture Converter and import your Canon EOS 70D MOV file.

Step 2: Click format column and choose the output format. You are recommended to choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), it's great for editing in Apple Aperture 3.

Step 3: Click settings button to adjust the output video's parameters, such as bitrate, resolution, etc.

Step 4: Start converting Canon EOS 70D 1080p MOV videos to ProRes codec for Apple Aperture 3.

After converting, you can load Canon EOS 70D video to Apple Aperture 3 for editing as you want, now you can have a try.

More tips for you:

Canon 70D H.264 mov and Premiere Pro: Importing & Editing Tips
How to import video from Canon 70D to iMovie/FCE
Transcode Canon EOS 6D 1080p MOV to Final Cut Pro
How to edit Canon 70D MOV files in Avid Media Composer
Using Canon 60D H.264 MOV files in Sony Vegas Pro
Import Canon 70D .MOV files to edit in After Effects CS6

From: ********movievideoconvertertips.altervista.org/import-canon-70d-mov-in-aperture-3/
Old Apr 02, 2014, 05:04 AM

Default How to edit Blu-ray/DVD movie in Avid Media Composer?

Rip BD/DVD to high-quality DNxHD file for Avid Media Composer on Mac

Description: Best DVD/BD to high-quality DNxHD solution, so you can edit DVD/BD movies in Avid Media Composer on Mac with least quality loss.

"Hi I'm an amateur video editor who wants to make some trailer or mash-up to improve my skills. I do own hundreds of Blu-ray and DVD discs but want to extract some clips out to Avid Media Composer for editing; high-quality video is my first choice. Is there any good software for this? Many thanks!"

To extract clips from Blu-ray and DVD disc is much different from playing back directly. Firstly, commercial DVD and Blu-ray are protected from copying, so you have to roll off disc protection firstly; then the format and quality issue.

The workflow seems to be complicated. However, with Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac I'm running, it can't be easier to get high quality DNxHD file from BD/DVD. Pavtube ByteCopy is the "All in one" Blu-ray ripping software, simple and easy to use with lot's of presets which I can change. Which I like most is the DVD/Blu-ray decoder, I don't care about protections, Pavtube take card about everything. As long as your disc has been downloaded, it's decrypted. So make sure your Internet connection is ok. And it provides multi-track MP4/MOV/ProRes presets in which I can isolate dialogue and music in one movie if I want.

Free trial download link: ********download.pavtube.com/bytecopy-mac/bytecopymac_setup.dmg

How to use Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac to rip BD/DVD to high quality DNxHD

1. First of all, get this BD/DVD to DNxHD Converter installed and insert DVD to Mac. Btw, Mac cannot read Blu-rays directly, if you want to rip Blu-ray, plug-in your external Blu-ray drive to Mac and read Blu-ray there.

Now click the first disc-like icon on the top, click your disc name to load. Pavtube ByteCopy for Mac will detect the main title automatically, unless you wan to rip the extras, do not touch it.

2. The next step, click "Format" drop-down list and choose "Avid Media Composer>Avid DNxHD(*.mov)".

3. Now the most important step to get DNxHD file in best quality.

Click the "Settings" icon (next to "Format"), set bitrate to "High quality". The higher bitrate you choose, the larger file size and better video quality will be. Also you can free change other settings like frame rate, audio sample rate, channels, etc. here.

4. Well it's all set now. Back to main UI, hit the big red "Convert" to start ripping Blu-ray/DVD to DNxHD in best quality for Avid Media Composer on Mac. Wait for moments, hit "Open output folder" or "Open" to quick find the converted files.

Source: ********device-camcorder-tips.blogspot.com/2014/03/export-blu-ray-dvd-to-avid-media-composer.html