CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 98
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 18, 2003, 10:01 AM

Default savinf files [; ; win98SE]

sponsored links

just installed IE Explorer 6, now IE 6 automatically save download files to temporary folder. Where can I change the destination folder settings. I don't want to be able to just right click and use "save target" option. Is IE6 compatabile with another web browser like mozilla or opera installed at the same time? Any opinions on these alternatives?

Thanks
Old Nov 18, 2003, 09:36 PM
Veteran

I find that after I have changed the target location IE6 remembers where i last saved to and always saves there - not so for you?

Perhaps its different with XP.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 05:01 PM

As far as your question goes on alternative browsers I have been a loyal fan of Opera for a few years now. I only keep IE due to a couple of sites that *must* be secure (and that needs IE because...??)

Opera is a great browser and you should check it out. It can happily work on same machine as IE and the uni computers have mozilla running beside netscape (I think we still keep it going) and of course IE.

In short, I haven't heard of a combination that doesn't work though only one browser can be the default at any time of course.