CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Device Driver Questions
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 08, 2002, 05:40 PM

Default Anycam Driver - Code 31?

sponsored links

Hello mates,

I bought a Samsung Anycam for my computer last week and have been trying to get it to work, but am now stumped. Of course, the camera comes with a CD that has all the needed drivers and the software to go with it. The point is, when I try installing the new hardware, I get the following message in the "Found new hardware wizard":

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (code 31). Check Troubleshooter..."

The following message is under the heading "Windows Unable to Load Device Driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\omcamvid.sys" and says:

Device Driver Could Not be loaded. Error Status was 0x000221.

Anyway, I used the troubleshooter to no avail, and did some checking up on this Code 31. Apparently it has to do with some sort of corruption in the Windows Registry, but since I don't know what has to be eliminated fromt here, I'm back to square one. When I check the hardware installed in my computer, the camera icon appears with a little yellow exclamation mark next to it.

Maybe I'm just being computer-illiterate...am I barking up the wrong tree here? Any help would be immensely appreciated...you know, the feeling of buying something new you're dying to use, only to spend hours on the internet trying to find a solution that escapes you.

Many thanks for the help!

Cheers,
J.

Last edited by zephyr102; Oct 08, 2002 at 05:43 PM.
Old Oct 08, 2002, 06:11 PM
suspended

Try doubleclicking on the Anycam in Device Manager to open its Properties dialog then select Update Driver. Point to the folder on the CD that has the drivers for the Anycam when asked.
Old Oct 09, 2002, 05:54 PM

Hi Van Nugent,

Thanks for the help, mate, I really appreciate the reply, but it didn't work. When I try to update the driver and choose the appropriate drive, it says that the same suitable driver is already installed, but I install it anyway, and as the installation bar is moving along I get the same message:

Windows Unable to Load Device Driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\omcamvid.sys" and says:

Device Driver Could Not be loaded. Error Status was 0x000221.

And if I turn on the computer while the webcam is hooked up the USB port, the loading up of Windows gets interrupted by a blue screen with the same message. The computer stays stuck there, and there's a bunch of instructions on restarting without the device (which works) or entering in Safe Mode.

If anyone can help, I'd be eternally grateful!! I'm pulling my hair out here

Many thanks once again...!
Cheers,
J.
Old Oct 10, 2002, 12:39 AM
suspended

Check the cam driver CD to see if there is a file called setup.exe. If you see the file setup.exe, you'll need to remove the camera from Device Manager then run setup.exe from the CD.

If you do not see the file setup.exe on the CD, you'll also need to remove the cam from Device Manager then reboot. When Windows detects new hardward, let it automatically search for and install the driver. The driver CD needs to be in the CDROM.