CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 30, 2003, 09:05 PM

Default svcd help!!!!!!

sponsored links

hi is there a program that will convert mpeg2 file to a iso or ifo or vob files.
also can you convert a .bin file to a iso or ifo or vob files???
Old Mar 31, 2003, 03:26 AM
Veteran

***********.svcd2dvdmpg.com/

Moving this to the DVD forum.
Old Mar 31, 2003, 11:50 PM

hi celtic. i did use the program scvd2dvdmpg and it worked i had the files i needed to put in the AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS. but my problem is that the movie picture was small it was about the size of a 17 inch monitor the would fit inside my 27inch tv how can i fix this???
well after that program you can use tmpeg which gives you the files you need. but when i try and use ifoedit i dont have the audio file i need to author the movie. how can i get the audio file that ifo will reconize???

Last edited by ponyboy11; Apr 01, 2003 at 12:05 AM.
Old Apr 01, 2003, 01:57 AM
Veteran

Authoring SVCD mpegs as a DVD is NOT DVD complient, I guess your player just doesn't like such discs, you would need to re-encode to DVD complient MPEG2 and audio and then author.

You could just run the SVCD through DVD2AVI, then frameserve to CCE.
Old Apr 01, 2003, 02:58 AM

ok this is what ive done: i take the mpeg2 file & i open it with vcggear & that converts it too cue/bin image, next i use scvd2dvdmpg run it through that which gives me a mpeg audio & video file. in which dvdmaestro can work with. so i load both files into the assets bin & then into the movie part
& then i compile it. so it spits out a AUDIO_TS & VIDEO_TS with the nessacery files, .ifo .bup movie files in which i can burn to a dvdrw. that does play in my standalone dvd player. everything is perfect. except for the picture size its not widescreen nor is it fullscreen. its a square about the size of 18 inches squared. the svcd movie its self is widescreen which does play in my dvdstandalone player...
i know i am close to getting it right, but what step do you think my pic size problem is coming from and how can i fix it???

Last edited by ponyboy11; Apr 01, 2003 at 03:02 AM.
Old Apr 01, 2003, 03:29 AM
Veteran

Why convert the mpg to bin/cue when as far as I know svcd2dvdmpg can directly open mpg's?

Like I said SVCD res is not part of DVD spec, so not all players handle it well, I guess yours is one that doesnt.

I think svcd2dvdmpg also allows the patching of authored files back to svcd res, you might want to try that. Otherwise as I said you need to re-encode to DVD complient instead of just patching.