CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 24, 2003, 06:26 PM

Default new protection ? swap magic ?

sponsored links

does anyone think there is a new protection against swap magics im having a bit of bother at the moment i have swap magic and neo 2.2, problem is i got soul calibur dvd and cd and nethier load on swap magics!! but the cd version works on my old region X discs !! also clock tower 3 dvd doesnt load just freezes on swap magic screen and splinter cell exits when i got to start training and just goes to the browser screen ? anyone else experienced problems ? does any of this sound feasable ? thx
Old Mar 24, 2003, 06:48 PM
Veteran

Well, I don't think it's a NEW protection, some of the older games (CD and DVD alike) don't work correctly with Swap Magic either (Baldur's Gate, Sponge Bob, Max Payne, etc) I think it is because thereare some kinds of file systems in the games structure that SM just doesn't agree with. Not sure what it is though. Look for Swap Magic Version 3.0 (No release date yet) to fix most of these type of problems. Also note that the same games that the earlier Magic chips had problems with are the same games that Swap Magic has trouble with. Strange coincidence? Or similar programming?
Old Mar 24, 2003, 07:07 PM

wouldnt there be away round this like a patch at all or would this be too much ?
Old Mar 24, 2003, 08:43 PM
Veteran

Well, basically the theory is that it is in the file structure of the game, so, changing this would not be possible. It is a lot more likely to, instead, change the Swap Magic programming.
Old Mar 24, 2003, 11:35 PM
Veteran

Clock Tower 3 won't load with Swap Magic?

I'll look into that, as I planned on getting a DVD-r of that game, cause am at the end of Res Evil Code V-X.
Old Mar 25, 2003, 02:00 PM

i am having same sort of trouble with PRIMAL gets to introduction screen and then says please insert primal disk, using ar2 and a neo2.2 booted devil may cry2 no problems, thinking that the media used is not very good. all on dvdr by the way
could b new protection on swap mod chips,
can any one play primal on a neo2.2???