CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 27, 2002, 09:22 AM

Angry X-ecuter...need Some Answers Please!

sponsored links

Hello, i have just got my X-Box chipped with the X-ecuter chip and tried out 3 backup games with it.....

2 games are on Infinity RW-DVDr and one on a whitetop DVDr.....

The first game Sega Soccer Slam on the Infinity Disc plays first time from Powering On, but does,nt play when inserting when tray is ejected.

The second game is Buffy which is also on the Infinity Disc and only plays about 1 out of 20 attempts from Powering On, and only loads when i keep the power button pressed until it loads.

The 3rd game is Dead 2 Rights and is on the unbranded Whitetop DVDr which does,nt load at all......i tried another brand Whitetop DVDr with the same game and it loaded once after trying for about 4hours.

My machine is a US version and have tried it with PAL official games and they load fine first time.

The copy games i have been having problems with play perfectly when they decide to load.

I also downloaded the DVDX 2.0 selector and burned it to a Verbatim CDRW Disc and it played and loaded flawlessly.

I was told that i may be one of the few with a weak drive and cant pick up on all DVDr.

I was advised that i may be better adding a PC DVD drive if i cant sort it out, also i see there is a tutorial to tweak the lens so as to sort out this problem.

Can someone give me some advice on what to do?

I would rather go with the Tweaking of the lens but i would like to know if it will definetly make a difference.

I would appreciate your help.

Cheers!
Old Aug 27, 2002, 11:48 AM

Tweaking the lens kinda scares me because that seems dangerous (to the Xbox). Adding a 2nd drive is cake, I pulled one out of my PC and just leave the Xbox unscrewed. Takes no time at all.
Old Aug 27, 2002, 12:49 PM

Thanks for the answer....will adding a second drive guarentee that all media is played?
Old Aug 28, 2002, 09:37 AM

It should. Non-Xbox drives aren't flakey. There's a good faq over on Xbox-scene.com but basically you buy a power splitter ($2 at local comp. store). You pull the IDE connection from the Xbox DVD Drive and plug it into the new DVD drive (I pulled the Pioneer from my PC and am using that). You take the power connection going to the HD, plug it into the splitter and plug those connections into the new DVD drive and the HD. Don't unhook the old DVD Drive power connector (yellow).
Drop a line if you have any problems but that should do it.
Old Aug 28, 2002, 11:22 AM

Thanks for your help......i am going to try it.