CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Consumer's Opinion
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 19, 2002, 06:41 PM

Unhappy No software included in my HP computers box!!!

sponsored links

Hi, I just purchase an HP 513N computer at bestbuy and guess what!!!

When I open it, there is no software disk inside the box.......

Well, there is Windows XP preinstalled in my computers but it doesn't give me an extra copy of windows XP, there is not even one software disk in my computers box........

They just preinstalled them all on the hard-drive...... They didn't give the original cdrom disk...

And the things I'm mad about the most is that there is no recovery disk.......

If there is no recovery disk or anythings, I means, how the heck am i gonna do when my system got lost all the data... or it can't boot up into windows........

My last computer has all the software this included in the box but this HP computers has nothing in it........... lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All I want to know now is does anyone else got the same things that I got when they purchase then HP computers....... Does anyone in here ever purchase an HP computers before, if so, do yah got any software included in the box.......

thanks a lot for any help....
Old Oct 19, 2002, 07:19 PM
Veteran

If its not a new PC they can only give you software and the operating system disks with a new PC not a second hand one.
Old Oct 19, 2002, 07:35 PM

This one is a new one from best buy.........

It's a zero hand one...
Old Oct 19, 2002, 07:43 PM
Veteran

Id get in touch with them m8 if I was you and demand (dont ask) your software.
Old Oct 19, 2002, 09:57 PM

That seems to be a new trend with computer manufacturers these days. I think the computer has a hidden partition with a compressed image of the OS and preinstalled applications. Watch the screen when the computer boots up and see if there a message like "press F11 for recovery" or something along those lines. Or use a Win95/98 boot disk and use FDISK to see the number of partitions on the drive. They probably will send a recovery cd if the hard drive were to die but you got to dig around for that information.
Old Oct 19, 2002, 10:09 PM

Yeah, you're right Centurian, there is 2 partions on my hard-drive, one is holding all the programs files and one is a system prations...

anyways, it's 5 GB, and when I open up that partion, there is nothings in it, I have uncheck all the hidden box to show hidden files too but there is still nothing showing up...

in that partion, it's just say that this is a system folder, don't delete it. but there isn't anything in there to delete, lol