CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 06, 2003, 12:32 PM

Default PS2 has turned green....

sponsored links

Hi,

I have a missiah chipped ps2, its been chipped about a year i think, ive had it for about 5 months, and its always been fine and played in normal colour.

It has always played DVDs in green (ie what normally white is green) but since i dont have any dvds this hasnt been a prob.

My mate brought his PS2 cable round the other nite and a couple of films, as he knew mine played em in green. watched the films all OK in perfect colour with his cable.

He then took his cable back and i left the ps2 for a few days. just went to play it and its gone green perminantly!

now its like it was for dvd films all the time.

The scart cable i have is the one that came with it (2nd hand) and seems to be a full scart cable, (its not a sony one, its one with the extra audio leads to hook it to a sound system) and has never given any probs before...

so why has my PS2 suddenly urned green??? any idea kindly acepted!

cheers

Liam
Old May 06, 2003, 12:40 PM

I get this with dvds - sounds like the same cable. Get a multi-region booter and this will solve the prob. If you are talking about the games being in green as well, I have no idea.
Old May 06, 2003, 12:46 PM

Yeah thats what i mean.... dvds have always been green, but now EVERYTHING has a green sheen! its crazy.

with no disk in, just the normal start up screen its green too... its was fine a few days ago thats for sure... but not sure what has changed... will have to try a different cable i guess.... but it just seems strange that it 'went' green after being normal for the last year or so...
Old May 06, 2003, 01:28 PM
Veteran

Go into Configuration and check that the video mode is in RGB and not the other setting. This would make everything green...

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...
Old May 07, 2003, 04:30 AM

doh.... how could i be so stupid./.... i had been showing my mate all the different setting you could change in config the nite i watched the dvds!

ps2 now backm in perfect colour.... at last i can play super bust-a-move and seee what the colours are (and give my new wireless controler a proper trying out!)

cheers for the help mate!