CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 14, 2003, 10:19 AM

Default Computer/burner jam (Easy CD 6)

sponsored links

Hello mates,

I'm running Windows 98 Second Edition and my burner is a BenQ 40x12x48 (USB). After much trouble with blue screens (due to the dreaded scsi1hlp.dxv file), I finally fixed it and installed Easy CD 6...

...only to face another problem! When the burner has nothing in it, everything is alright: the burner is recognized, I can make projects on Easy CD, etc.

The minute I insert a blank CDR, everything gets jammed. I can still move the cursor around, but can't click on anything, and any Easy CD windows being opened get stuck. The second I turn off the CD burner, the computer immediately gets unstuck and I can click on things again. Sometimes, it gets unstuck just by ejecting the blank CDR, so I don't always have to turn off the burner.

Although...twice, the screen completely froze (I couldn't even move the cursor): once with a CDR in the burner, another without one in there.

This is certifiably driving me out of my mind! I've been jumping through hoops to burn - had to buy a new burner, Easy CD 6, fix blue screens, etc. This seems like the final hurdle; I've looked through FAQs and the like, to no avail. I would greatly appreciate any help and would be eternally grateful...

Thanks so much!

Cheers,
J.
Old Jun 17, 2003, 11:25 AM

have you tried other burning software like nero ???
Old Jun 23, 2003, 12:42 AM

I have! The other thing I tried was Nero, and it also gets stuck (or runs a fatal error, something along those lines). So it really isn't about the program but the computer, I guess..

...someone told me I should install Aspi Layer 4.6, but I have no idea what that is or how it would help.

Thanks so much for the reply...any further input would be appreciated!
Cheers,
J.