CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 13, 2003, 11:52 AM

Default unfixated session... [Adaptec; Easy CD 3.5; win98SE]

sponsored links

Adaptec Easy CD (3.5) and Direct CD came pre-installed on my HP computer.

Just replaced my HHD and reinstalled Adaptec Easy CD and Direct CD from HP's Application Recovery disc. Until reinstallation any time I inserted a blank cd Easy CD would pop up on the screen and ask what type of cd did I wish to create. After reinstall when I pop a blank cd in, Direct CD pops up, telling me that disc in drive is ready for writing to. Not what I want to do.

If I try clicking on Easy CD it starts to go thru its routine as normal, but then I get a message "Easy CD has detected an unfixated session on your disc". Clicking the "Fixit" button generates an error message "unable to fix".

I've uninstalled then reinstalled the Adaptec software to no avail. I've even uninstalled the software, then uninstalled Windows Media Player (I've heard this sometimes causes conflicts) the reinstalled the Adaptec software, again to no avail.

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

The Missinglinq
Old Sep 14, 2003, 12:09 PM

HP (and others i'm sure) have been known to add patches to programs on new computers before they ship, unfortunately they don't get added to the recovery discs. You might go to hp's web and do a search for your model number and see if they have a patch available. This may or may not be your problem.
Old Sep 14, 2003, 12:18 PM

Thanks for the input, pahoo31!

The Missiinglinq