CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 13, 2002, 04:12 AM
Default DVD 5:1 Found Problem Need Help On Speakers

sponsored links

basically its a budget dvd player (Cyberhome 528L) with the decoder built in, all I did was buy a set of Creative Inspire 5:1's and hooked in via 3.5mm to RCA Phono leads.

I set the dvd player up as 5:1(****ogue) and that is where i get my problem.

Have checked the speakers and thay all work, It's just on movies. ( i did a THX test thats on one of my DVD's and it worked it's way round all the speakers and its fine.

The problem is the main character vocals you cannot hear, all the surround sound works fine. Its the centre output.

I have 5 pod speakers (single point RCA) that go into the sub. then from the sub 3 * 3.5mm to dual phono which go into FRONT/SURROUND/SUB+CENTRE on the dvd player

Creative Inspire 5300's. All connections are on the subwoofer

it only has 3 input connections Front / Rear / Centre+sub

WHAT CAN I DO ? (does the below statement mean it's sub or centre )

product info below

Inspire 5.1 5300 is capable of delivering a 5.1 enhanced sound field even when connected to a 4 channel audio device. To enable the center speaker for a 4 channel audio source, simply disconnect the center/subwoofer audio cable from the Inspire 5.1 5300 speaker unit. In the absence of the center/subwoofer audio cable connection, Inspire 5.1 5300 automatically enables the center speaker to create a 5.1 sound field.

So the problem is (the centre+sub) are shared on the creative on the back of my dvd player i have a single RCA connection for each.

At the moment i have 2 RCA from a standard cable going to a 3.5mm jack plug which connects to the Creative BOx.

I guess that is why the centre output is Crap.

Can I Do Anything To Get It Working
Old Nov 13, 2002, 10:30 PM

If your DVD player is true 5.1 surround it will have 6 connectors Front left Front right, Surround left, Surround right, Centre and Subwoofer.

If you don't have a speaker connected to the Centre channel then how will the DVD player transmit the centre (voice) channel to your speaker?.
The sub-woofer/centre setup on the Creative wont work as the DVD player is only sending the sub-woofer signal on the sub-woofer connector.
Old Nov 14, 2002, 01:35 AM