CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 06, 2002, 03:56 PM

Default I lost my Windows XP PRO PASSWORD, how do I recover it??????

sponsored links

One of my clients has lost his Windows XP Professional logon password and I want to know how I can either get it back, or bypass it. He is the only administrator on the computer and everybody else is a regular user with no access to change passwords. How do I fix this???

Thanks

Old Jun 06, 2002, 08:00 PM

see if you find some tihng here
----------.com

DO NOT post links heres linking to sites with keys and cracks
READ THE RULES please.

Last edited by duffy90210; Jun 06, 2002 at 09:43 PM.
Old Jun 07, 2002, 02:30 AM
Veteran

Default you're screwed....

Stupid... how did you manage that???

Does anybody have access at all? If you are known to the computer as an administrator you are seriously screwed.... two possibilities i can think of without violating forum rules and the law in most countries:
- try to reinstall XP (if you have any access at all. If not, you might try to place the hard drive as a secondary drive into another pc and format it. Note: ALL data will be lost!!! Create a backup first!)
- get somebody really smart with XP to retrieve the password (try a magician maybe? )

[img]***********.ewandew.com/sig/Awiz.gif [/img]

Last edited by merlin_the_magician; Jun 07, 2002 at 02:35 AM.
Old Jun 07, 2002, 04:16 AM
Veteran

You can get password recovery software - www.lostpassword.com - from that URL, you will of course have to pay for the licence and it will reset the Admin Password for all XP OS's and others

HTH
Old Jun 07, 2002, 06:20 AM
Veteran

Yeah..... would that not be just a little too conveniant?
If that is true, everybode can hack into any pc. I expect XP security to be better than that...

For an example... There are a bunch of programs that [I]claim[/I] to be capable of recovering password from ZIP files, but i have never seen any of them [I]actually performing succesfull[/I].
When using 8 characters or more, and using numbers and signs like @#$%& , recovering is a hell of a job. When using over 13 characters, recovery of a password that goes well constructed software is very close to impossible.

Last edited by merlin_the_magician; Jun 07, 2002 at 06:26 AM.
Old Jun 07, 2002, 04:32 PM
Veteran

There is a reason why www.lostpassword.com tells you that you need the original setup CD's for their utility to work...their program basically does a truncated re-install of some core OS files to reset the password.

Re-installing the OS get's you into the system and your files are usually intact but the system isn't exactly in the same state that it was in prior.