CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 30, 2003, 12:38 PM
Veteran

Default bio setting

sponsored links

what should my hard drive and 2 cd roms be? Right now, my Primary Master= HD, Primary Slave= Not Installed, Sec Master=CD-Rom, Sec Slave= CD-Rom. Is this the correct setting? Should the CD burner be a master or slave?
Old Jun 30, 2003, 12:41 PM
Veteran

looks good to me. I dont think it makes a difference with the cdrom being a master or slave, I've aways had my burner as a slave, never had a problem.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 12:44 PM
Veteran

Yeah, it doesnt really matter anymore - in the good old days pc's used to get a bit twitchy if you put the writer on the same cable as the source but nowadays it doesnt matter so long as the thing is working for you.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 12:50 PM
Veteran

oh ok. My comp's been screwing up for a while. My floppy drive doesnt seem to work. Whenever i shut down the comp for about 5 minutes and restart it, it would say "wrong cmos setting". Plus, the clock and date would be back to 12:00, 2000. Ive tried loading it to Best Performance, but it's still the same. What do you think the problem is?
Old Jun 30, 2003, 12:55 PM
Veteran

Whats the operating system? Try reversing the cable on the floppy. Try resetting the bios to default.
Old Jun 30, 2003, 12:56 PM
Veteran

Oh dear. CMOS memory looks after remembering your BIOS settings and - yes - your clock! It is a part of the motherboard. I suggest you read [url=***********.pcguide.com/ts/x/comp/mbsys/cmos.htm]this which discusses some of the problems that can be encountered with the CMOS.

EDIT - is this an old motherboard?

Last edited by Virgin San; Jun 30, 2003 at 12:58 PM.