CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 30, 2007, 07:25 PM

Default Pulling my hair out about DC backups

sponsored links

Hi, im new to these forums and desperately need help, so here goes.

I have a backup of an old dreamcast game called Bluestinger which is stored as .MDF/.MDS, now i also have virtua cop 2 in the same format, so i burned virtua cop 2 this afternoon but instead of just burning it I mouted the .mdf file using deamon tools then i used magic iso to create an image from the virtual drive that deamon tools provided so i ended up with an iso file of virtua cop 2, then i used nero to burn the image, and it worked fine using the utopia boot disk BUT.... when i tried this with blue stinger the dreamcast just doesnt want to know, it gets to the part where the raindeer on the boot disk turns silver then its about to start it it puts me back on the dreamcast main menu yet the disk that i copied works fine using chankast. and ive tried about 4 brands of CD-R and i have 3 CD writers one if very old 2 are new ish tried slowest and medium speeds (the older one is maximum of 4X) and none work ive wasted about 13 cd's trying to get bluestinger to work am i doing something wrong
Old Jun 04, 2007, 09:37 PM

An MDF/MDS image is an image created by Alcohol 120%. I would use that program to burn the image. You can download free trials of this program. If Alcohol does not work try using imgburn, a free burning program that can also burn MDF/MDS.

I tell you to burn this image straight because it is quite possible that the game you have is self-bootable (meaning it doesn't need a boot disk), which is why it will not work with the utopia boot disk. I have a couple of games in this format and they work fine without the utopia boot disk, which I don't have.
Old Mar 26, 2009, 01:06 AM

It sounds like very well. I think that you can used a hair accessories. I think that must better effect.

Last edited by dangerLDc; Mar 26, 2009 at 11:29 PM.