CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 2000
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 19, 2003, 04:36 PM

Exclamation HELP - DATA LOST [; ; win2KPro]

sponsored links

Ok, I'm really pissed off because my hard drive started to act funny and a crapload of my files just dissapeared. The folders are there but there is nothing in them. I've lost about 20GB's of data (including my mp3's which has taken me YEARS to collect).

I suspect it might have been a virus or something but I'm really not sure. Everything seems to be okay now. Another thing I've noticed is that Windows 2000 tells me that my I've used 25GB's on my drive where I've only used aboout 2GB's.

Now I've tried a few data recovery tools but they I don't think they'll do the job. The folders appear corrupted and unrecoverable. Now I'm about 90% certain that the files can still be recovered considering its a new drive so the files can't have been overwritten. So what I need is a powerful file recovery tool that can recover my files.

Suggestions anyone?
Old Mar 20, 2003, 03:13 PM

I use File Rescue, it works great. It's not free, it is about $30. But it's worth every penny. They have a demo version too, so you can try it, and see if you like it.

***********.file-rescue.com/