CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 2000
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 05, 2003, 04:25 PM

Unhappy Memory problem [; ; win2KPro]

sponsored links

Hihi

Im running Win2000pro and have 512mb of ram , i ve found a very annoying prob and look everywhere and cant see how to resolve this .

Im looking thru some web sites that have large file size pictures , and after every so often , the machine just halts , i cant open up anything and soon as i manage to close a window or 2 i can goto disk clean up and delete everything which seems to free up some space , but after a very short time later it does it again , from what i figured is that a lot of stuff is holding up in memory , cos soon as i reboot its ok again for a while , my paging file is set to 712 mb , can any1 plz tell me how you would go about flushing the memory without resetting the machine ?

btw , i do not have any other applications running apart from opening a couple of browser windows , and no virus or trojans found either .

thx in advance

Old Apr 05, 2003, 05:06 PM
Veteran

Did you try cleaning your registy?
Old Apr 05, 2003, 05:29 PM
Veteran

Location: Antarctica (Yes, the penguins DO use Linux down here)

You might have a memory leak...I remeber when Nero crashed and ate 250megs of RAM before I could kill it.

Anyhow, I remember this one script that would flush the RAM...try googling for RAM flush or something.