CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 2000
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 18, 2003, 11:53 PM

Question Need Your Help PC problems!!!! [; ; win2KPro]

sponsored links

Just bought myself an IDE ATA controller... to add more IDE drive to my computer... and i don't know how to install it...all i have is the PCI controler.. don't have any Disk for the driver or instruation... so please help not... it's an PCI port... try putting it in.. won't boot pass the checking for hardDrive and the CD-Rom... so help out if you can thanks
Old May 19, 2003, 02:11 AM
suspended

OK, you say you have installed the card but do you have anything on it as yet?

I would install the card with nothing attached to it with your HD's & CD-ROM drives on your normal IDE channels. Then see if Windows can find drivers for it. Hopefully it will then just shut the system down and attach the devices you require to the card, best way of doing it IMO.

You say you had no disks with it, not even a floppy? Most controllers I've ever fitted usually have the drivers on a floppy disc. Do you know what make the card is?
Old May 19, 2003, 01:14 PM
Veteran

On the controller card, look for the FCC-id if any; if you don't know the make n model.
Old May 19, 2003, 04:16 PM

ok i haven't try just installing the IDE control by itself... on the main motherboard... i have 2 IDE already.. two HD and 2 CD-rom.. i bought an PCI control that have another two IDE line... when i try to add another CD-rom to it.. it won't boot pass the detecting HD and CD-rom... it just stay there... by the way what is IMO sorry i am quite new to these terms.. and i bought the card itself on E-bay... with no driver .. nothing just the controller... and here's how the PCI control look like ********ebay2.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_d5d7f100a806eeaee192915629a97619/i-1.JPG
and i don't see any FCC number all i c is ...
ACE-C
Serien Nr
1 434068 571995
Mega-E
with a barcode... on a piece of sticker attached to it..
guess i'll try it tonight just plug the thing in and pray haha thanks for your helps guy
Old May 20, 2003, 02:37 AM
suspended

IMO = "In my opinion"

It should work, if it does not do a search on Google for a prog called Driver Magic and download the demo for it. You can then let it search for the correct driver for the card, I think you get 3 free downloads whilst it is still in demo mode.
Old May 20, 2003, 11:32 PM

i wonder if the IDE control... will have a conflict with the main 2 channel IDE.. since the motherboard.. driver was installed first before installing the controller... i remember the motherboard recommending me to install the Raid IDE driver before install the IDE bus for the motherboard... so i'll point around it.. if it doesn't like it i'll just un-install the driver and than install the IDE control driver first,,