CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 2000
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 21, 2003, 05:14 PM

Default Why do downloads in Kaza keep failing ? [; ; win2KPro]

sponsored links

I have been using kazalite for some time but I recently reinstalled windows and since then every time I try to download a file it fails immediatly although people can upload from me..
I am using zonealarm and norton av ..

any ideas , the kaza help just says that the disk is full but thats not the case and ive deleted some files from my shared folder in case although there is 40 gb free on the drive.
Old May 21, 2003, 05:21 PM
Veteran

i'd say your fiewall progys is blocking the d/l's. try disabling it, and see if you can d/l. You'll then have to adjust the settings of the firewall, if thats the problem.........
Old May 21, 2003, 05:23 PM

thanks for the reply ,
I have tried disabling the firewall and the antivirus and still get the same result.
Old May 22, 2003, 06:23 AM
Veteran

Try dsabling zionealarm form start-up, not just disabling it after the system is up and running. I think it still blocks some stuff even when turned "off."

You can try re-installing kazzalite. I had the same problem a while back, but I really don't remember what I did to fix it. I know some add scanners will remove files needed to connect to the kazza "system." The files are dummie files placed on your system to fool kazza into thinking the lite version is loaded with the spyware, but it did fool ad-aware too, on mine............

Are you using dial-up or roadband? Some ISP's have talked of banning Kazza usage, though I don't think this is happening. If you have a router, with a built-in firewall, that could be causing the problems too.........that's pretty much all my ideas......
Can you connect with any other P2P program..........
good luck
Old May 22, 2003, 07:47 AM

got the problem sorted m8, I found out that I could not save anything on the same drive as my kaza folder so I changed the folder to my other HD and kaza worked fine. it turned out that the permissions for access to my harddrive were not set to let users write to the drive..problem sorted

thanks for the help anyway