CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Device Driver Questions
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 11, 2009, 07:05 AM

Default SONY VAIO will not turn on.

sponsored links

I realize that I ought to contact Sony and find out what to do, but they don't work on the weekends and I'm in a hurry to fix the laptop. Last night it froze after being idle for around ten to fifteen minutes and so I restarted it. Only for the VAIO screen to load, a loading bar that had microsoft written across it and then a blank screen. So I restarted it again, using the recovery option, and then it would say Windows is Loading the recovery system, and then would go to a black screen. The cursor comes up around five minutes later, and then another five minutes a square will come the same color as the start up window with the accounts and around ten minutes later I get a box popping up. It says Recovery Tools are being launched. Please wait. It's been like that for forty minutes and nothing has happened. I've tried the F8 load up. I'm also trying to find a recovery disc online to download on this laptop. Any help, please would be amazing. I also don't know if I'm in the right forum for this, I'm new.

Brand: Sony Vaio.
Model: VGN-NR38E.

Under a year old.
Old Dec 04, 2009, 01:02 AM

Default SONY VAIO will not turn on

I am getting the same message with a Sony VAIO VGN-FZ180E with blu-ray drive, a Sony KDL46XBR4, and high quality Monster HDMI cable. Havent had the time to solve the issue yet, I only assume it is a copy protection issue.
Old Dec 12, 2009, 03:15 PM

I bought a Sony Vaio VGN-FW170J from Best Buy about a year ago. This particular model came with a Blueray drive and windows vista. I installed windows 7 last night and neglected to save any of my programs that came installed on my computer out of the box. This included my blueray software. I havent been able to locate the Sony blueray software online. Any suggestions or ideas for finding it?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 02:16 AM

i had the same problem, but after many time searchin now i have all xp drivers
i will try to upload it

i uploaded video and inf drivers, i am very tired to upload the others drivers. if you want tell me to upload all the drivers, sorry for my english, i am in mexico .
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:37 AM

Sony Viao? Really?
I put so much hope in saving money for this lap top!
Please, don't tell me MACs have bugs too.
____
********pdfeditor.me/
pdf editor