CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Device Driver Questions
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 28, 2006, 05:01 AM

Exclamation Need help desperately, CD-Drive help!

sponsored links

Samsung CD-Rom SC-512B
LG CD-RW CED-8120B

In my device manager menu these two drives appear with a yellow exclaimation next to them, I was wondering if anybody could help me. I've looked for driver software etc. but the manufacturers seem to have removed support for them so I'm a bit stuck.
Old Jan 28, 2006, 05:33 AM

that only happens with me when i use alcohol 120. if you have alcohol try removing it and installing it agin
Old Jun 15, 2006, 03:37 PM

Default Code 31, 32, 19, 39, 41 - Windows XP

WARNING: If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

Restart your computer.
Old Oct 05, 2006, 01:12 PM

Default Drive not reading disks

I mainly joined the forum because I wanted to express many thanks to freakymonkey for this help. I even printed it out because my drive has done this to me before and I anticipate it happening again. Thank you for giving great instruction on fixing this registry problem, I was about to throw my vaio out of a window. I can burn cds again!
Old Oct 08, 2006, 04:53 AM

Exclamation Device Manager problem. MITSUMI CR- 48X9TE

My driver suddenly not working properly. It does not read anything when I insert any CD into my computer. The drive does not appear on My Computer.

Mine is Windows Xp. Im not sure what to do.. I need help real quick. Will appreciate any help from the you pros.

I try to update it but
It reads:
Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

Help me
Old Oct 08, 2006, 05:32 PM
Veteran

Have you done what FreakyMonkey has posted, as this is a comon thing with XP.

If so and still no go, try installing the drive in another comp, and see if it works here ok, if not the drive is faulty.

colin.