CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > CD-R & CD-RW
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 14, 2002, 11:06 AM

Angry can't hear music thru my burner anymore?????

sponsored links

I've got a hp-9150? burner that I cannot hear music thru anymore. It'll act like its playing the music (level indicators jump up/down) can't hear anything though..... I've got it chained to a Delta 52x (sec.mstr. d hp (sec.slave e I can hear it thru the Delta.... the only thing I can remember changing is in Control panel>multimedia.. primary drive to play music from d: to e: to see if I couldn't get my recording levels higher on a cd-rip but it didn't change levels so I changed it back to d: right away. And I've just installed Unreal Tournament which I doubt has anything to do with. Tried RealJukebox and Adaptec ez-cd and both won't play music thru burner anymore. I am assuming Windows98 cdplayer would be the same result.
I've never had a burning problem with this setup... always 95-100% buffer left..... Used to play music fine, just couldn't adjust bass/treble being d: was set to play music thru in cntrl panel.... (I guess)
Looking for clues..........

running:
Amd 850 ath (non XP) t-bird
40 gig IBM 7200 (pri.master)
Delta 52x cd-rom (sec. master)
Hp9150 burner (sec.slave)
256 mb
k7??????? mobo
SBlive value card
ati 128 rage xpert 2000 32mb
Old Feb 14, 2002, 12:13 PM
Veteran

Have you tried the headphone output? That would give you your first clue. Have you checked both the Windows Volume control and the SBLive Mixer volume controls? Are you getting sounds from other Windows sources, MP3s, Wave files, etc.