CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 27, 2007, 03:06 PM

Default eject button doesn't work, even after removing mod chip

sponsored links

A few months ago I tried to install a mod chip on my v9 PS2 and failed. No lights came on when I turned on the power switch. I wasn't exactly sure on how to do the Romeo mod so I figured that was the problem but I've been extremely busy lately and just got to taking apart my PS2 again to try to fix it. So I undid the Romeo mod and tried to boot it again. This time I got to the blue swirly mist stuff with the Sony logo but my eject button won't work, and games don't load up (I just come to the screen you get when no game is loaded). When I press the eject button it will blink blue a few times but nothing will happen.

So I figured I screwed something up on the mod chip and really all I want to do is play Guitar Hero so I figured I'll just take the mod chip out and try again some other time maybe. So I took out the mod chip and all associated wires, and I still have the same problem.

What do you think might be wrong? I have a multimeter so I can check anything wrong with that.

The mod chip I tried to install was the Duo 3 Gold. The only big boo-boo I made AFAIK is I screwed up trying to solder wire A. Its description is "CDVD OE signal, one of the more sensitive wires. If this is too long then your disc media authentication may fail". It had to connect to a little doodad on the motherboard (sorry I don't know what they are called) and I accidently had the soldering iron on it too long and it came off. I soldered it back on to where it was. Might this be the root of the problem? If so, is there any way to fix that? The "doodad" was VERY tiny.