CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 27, 2007, 09:36 PM

Default Infinity install w/ NEO laser fix Drive doesn't spin

sponsored links

I installed the Infinity modchip and NEO laser fix on my V12. It boots up and shows the Infinity boot screen but the DVD doesn't spin. The laser moves and lights up but without the disk spinning it just tells me "No Data". Does anyone know what I should do to fix this? I have tried taking the Laser fix out and it didn't help so I put it back in. I checked a few of the fuses and PS13 is measuring 5.4 instead of 0.0 like all the others. If PS13 is the problem how do I fix it? Thanks for any ideas I'm desperate to get this working.

Last edited by Mindflux1; Apr 28, 2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old May 22, 2007, 03:33 PM

The neo fix is crap, what you need is the comsoft v4 fix or the subzero fix by summ0ne. If the discs not spinning it no data is displayed I would say your lens is probably cooked. Have you checked the lens to see if its cloudy? Also you dont mention the laser type as there are 2, the pvr802 and the spu3170.

The spu laser is crap and will burn out after a few lockups so if you have this, go buy a new pvr802 laser and block, if you already have the pvr802 then simply purchase a replacement laser. Ig you type the 2 kinds of laser into google you will see which type you have.

Ghost fitter can supply the fix you want, not sure if he does the lasers but you can pick them up on Ebay, if you go here: ********ghost2fitter.co.uk/ you will find what you are after.