CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 17, 2007, 07:01 AM

Default Controller problems

sponsored links

Hey all,

My PS2 has been playing up recently with certain games. So i decided to take the PS2 apart and clean the insides out. Couldn't open the DVD drive but that isn't what i'm asking about.

After putting the PS2 back together I go to try out a game which has always worked, and noticed that I can no longer use my controller. When I press the ****og button the light comes on, but does not come on my itself when a game has loaded up. I think the PS2 can read memory cards since the game I loaded (kingdom hearts 2) checks the memory cards right at the start and gives a message if no memory card is detected. No message is given.

I have taken it back apart and tripple checked the ribbion attaching the PS2 controller ports to the motherboard.

I have 2 PS2 controllers and have tried both of them in both ports. Same reaction as described above.

With the ribbion, which way in should it be? I assume it's the bare contacts onto the contacts, and the blue tape should be facing away from the contacts.

Also, there is some faint scratching on the contacts on the ribbion, could this cause the problem?

Thanks for any help
Old Mar 18, 2007, 01:57 PM

I myslef have had the problem although I have 2 Controllers and both work in port 2 but not port 1 so and my memory card dose not work in port 1 so if you have any info please contact me