CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jul 18, 2002, 03:12 AM

Default My network cant forward connections!

sponsored links

I have a proxim symphony HRF Gateway(router) and, I'm running a wireless home network. I have come across a big problem I don't think my gateway can do ip forwarding. I need to forward incoming connections to a computer on the network, for example I'm trying to run an FTP server but since the router isn't forwarding the connections to the proper computer, I can't connect to it. My computer won't accept incoming connections, as far as I know.
if anyone knows more about my router, or how i can forward my connection, please let me know.

thx m8's

Last edited by rap112; Jul 18, 2002 at 11:45 PM.
Old Jul 18, 2002, 08:21 AM
Veteran

I am not sure about that particular router, but most have something called Port Forwarding. What you do is you choose a port (Port 21 for standard FTP) and you tell it to map it to the IP address of your internal machine that will be your FTP server. Check your documentation for something like that.

Post back and let us know what you find.

-Zack-
Old Jul 18, 2002, 06:43 PM

happens to be I can't set up an FTP over the internet because of my lousy gateway,which wont forward my connection. I can only do it locally. If you know any other way of possibly setting up an ftp over the internet then, holla back. (i know i can use wingate but my server would have to be on in order to use the client)Is there a way the server doesn't have to be on.

thx 4 leading me zack