CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 27, 2003, 07:41 PM

sponsored links

about PS2 media player.....is there a good program so i can change format of my MPEG files to AVI so i can play them in PS2 media player??
any suggestions???
Old Jan 27, 2003, 09:51 PM
Banned

if you look back a few post, you will find instruction on how to convert an avi/.rm/ram/mpeg/mpeg2/.mov/.dat and more with only a single program call EO Video.......

anyways, you have to follow the settings that are given when reconverting your movies, so that the ps2 media player can play it rite, or even booting it up correctly...... lol .....

by the ways, after you have reconverted your movie with that program, it will not let you use the fast/rewind function in the ps2 media player, and some for some avi files, even if you didn't reconvert it with that program, and it may still not be able to fast forward or rewind.......

okay here, found the link: ***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=224400

Last edited by blahblah; Jan 27, 2003 at 09:57 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 07:10 AM

I was thinking of making a database of files (No names) just stats like fps, codec used, file size etc etc.
To see if we can work out why on some divxs you can ff/rw and others you cant.
Ie see if we can spot any patterns.
maybe use gspot?

If you have some thoughts on this please contact me.

[email]hara-da-kiri@lycos.com[/email]
Old Jan 29, 2003, 11:33 AM

As I download the Player, and follow all the step and it boot for me, but when I open the movie. It just stuck at the screen said "loading buffer". Is something wrong with the movie. Thank for all of the help
Old Jan 30, 2003, 12:26 PM
Banned

follow the instruction here for reconvertion..........

***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=224400
Old Feb 03, 2003, 09:30 PM

i got to say that for me EO Video did the job....i used Virtual Dub but had some interlacing problems, (you know images looking like made by lines when moving), did the especific format with EO Video for Divx 5.03 and mp3 for audio......and was Great!!.....But......(always a but), is there any incompatibility issue between Divx 5.03 and XP??
is any body having problems running EO Video??.....is anyone having trouble running it with Divx 5.03 and crashing when adjusting divx settings?.....i tryied even to run in compatibility mode for windows 98 and ME....but still, 3 out of 5 intents the program crashes......any suggestions?......
and another question.....is there a limit in size/time for a cd to play in PS2 Media player? this is because when playing the first files, theres no problem, but when trying to play the last files from the list, it just plays another video, not the chosen one.....is this a bug.....or what coul it be?