CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 12, 2006, 07:27 PM

Default Network Adapter/Hard Drive Problem

sponsored links

Hi,
If anyone could help Id much appreciate it. I have a V4 PS2 and a no swap mod chip installed its been a few years so i cant recall which one it is. Anyway, I want to install games on my hard drive and have them read from the HD loader. I have a compatible hard drive; in fact the most used or compatible one for the V4. I havent used my network adapter to play online,so needless to say I dont use it much. The problem is that everytime I try to connect it says no hard drive detected. When i have it connected, some of my games freeze when loading,and when not connected they work fine so obviously its detecting somthing. I dont think its a ps2 hardware problem. Could it be the network adapter? Ive had it for a while and it was one of the first models sold(ethernet and modem).

OH!! And also..as far as loading the games,ive heard it takes quite a while to have the ps2 load them and there are apps to have the pc drop it on a hard drive. However I dont have a pc and use osx. Are there tools to do the same thing using that os? OR..? What file format would i have to have my dvd image so it would be recognisable to the hd loader?

Thanks for reading the long question but any help is appreciated!