CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 22, 2002, 04:01 PM

Default Xbox Media Player B6 Faq

sponsored links

Xbox Media Player B6

Written by Soner Ali

CDROM-GUIDE USER NAME: Soner44

Email Address: [email]introlux@btinternet.com[/email]

Ok I will guide you through easy steps to get the “Xbox Media Player B6” to work without a flaw with and without EVO X.

First what you will need,

You will need "XBox Media Player Config helper"
A burning guide IS in the FAQ folder , Cal_G's guide works perfect - has been tested by many on the board.
And that’s all you need.

Ok now easy steps to get started.

This is for the evo X method with Enigmah Final mod chip.

I am assuming you all know how to connect your xbox to your PC. If in doubt please got to xbox –scene.com as there are many tutorials there that can help you do it.

STEP 1

Download the "XBox Media Player Config helper" from xtreme-xbox.net. you will need to register to access the downloads page.

STEP 2

Once downloaded you will need to install the program XBox Media Player Config helper"

STEP 3

Open XBox Media Player Config helper" .
On the top left of the application you will see “Installed Paths” and immediately underneath it “Media Path”.

“Installed Paths”
Here you put the exact directory that the xbox media player b6 is in. for me it was E:\apps\Player

“Media Path”
here you put the exact directory you will see in the Media Path. For me it was E:\apps\Player\media\video

I didn’t change anything else as I hadn’t changed the M$ Dash soi left it msxboxdash.xbe

I doubt you should need to change it unless you purposely changed it.

STEP 4

Once done click on “Create Config File”
You’ll get asked a question stating
“Choose YES or NO if you want the config file to have the static ip(s) set. If you used EVOLUTION-X already to do this, choose no”

Cos mine did I chose NO

You will then get prompted with another question
“Click yes if you are going to use the hard drive for xbmp, Click no if you are going to use it on a CD/DVD”

I clicked YES since I am using EVO X

STEP 5

You will then get asked
“Ready to create file?”

Click YES

STEP6

Go to your “Program Files” on your C: drive on your PC and open the folder “XBMP Config Helper” you will see that the “xbpconfig” file has been creted and dumped here. Replace this with the xbpconfig file provided in the Player folder with Xbox media player b6.

Edit the new xbpconfig from this:

<- remove the asterisk and modify to get XBPlayer to connect to your XStream server ->

<remotehost>192.168.0.3</remotehost>

to this:

<- remove the asterisk and modify to get XBPlayer to connect to your XStream server ->

<remotehost*>192.168.0.3</remotehost*>

STEP 7

Now send the files as you usually would over to your xbox. SORTED

This is for the CDRW method.

Again I am assuming you all know how to connect your xbox to your PC. If in doubt please got to xbox –scene.com as there are many tutorials there that can help you do it.

STEP 1

Download the "XBox Media Player Config helper" from xtreme-xbox.net. you will need to register to access the downloads page.

STEP 2

Once downloaded you will need to install the program XBox Media Player Config helper"

STEP 3

Open XBox Media Player Config helper" .
On the top left of the application you will see “Installed Paths” and immediately underneath it “Media Path”.

“Installed Paths”
Here you put the exact directory that the xbox media player b6 is in. for me it was D:\Player

“Media Path”
here you put the exact directory you will see in the Media Path. For me it was D:\Player\media\video

I didn’t change anything else as I hadn’t changed the M$ Dash soi left it msxboxdash.xbe

I doubt you should need to change it unless you purposely changed it.

STEP 4

Once done click on “Create Config File”
You’ll get asked a question stating
“Choose YES or NO if you want the config file to have the static ip(s) set. If you used EVOLUTION-X already to do this, choose no”

choose YES

You will then get prompted with another question
“Click yes if you are going to use the hard drive for xbmp, Click no if you are going to use it on a CD/DVD”

Click NO

STEP 5

You will then get asked
“Ready to create file?”

Click YES

STEP6

Go to your “Program Files” on your C: drive on your PC and open the folder “XBMP Config Helper” you will see that the “xbpconfig” file has been creted and dumped here. Replace this with the xbpconfig file provided in the Player folder with Xbox media player b6.

Edit the new xbpconfig from this:

<remotehost>192.168.0.3</remotehost>

to this:

<remotehost*>192.168.0.3</remotehost*>

STEP 7

Add the media files you want in the “VIDEO” folder

STEP 8

Now follow the burning guide in the FAQ folder , Cal_G's guide works perfect - has been tested by many on the board SORTED.

Hope this answers all your questions, if in doubt my email addy is at the top of this faq.

Last edited by soner44; Oct 22, 2002 at 05:31 PM.