CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 30, 2003, 10:26 AM

Default Cannot seem to connect to Xbox anymore

sponsored links

Okay, i have loaded up evox, ip address of xbox is 192.168.0.2, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, default gateway is 192.168.0.1. On my pc, my tcp/ip configuration is ip 192.168.0.3, subnet 255.255.255.0, and default gateway is 192.168.0.1

I am using a crossover cable to connect, and when i try to connect, i get the obvious connection refused. It says check my ports, but they are both 21.

In the past few months, i have had a dsl modem using my nic. So, what i do, is shut down the machine, boot up the xbox to evox, then start up my computer, and change from dynamic ip to a staic one, which is where i put in the appropriate info. I dont think having the dsl has anything to do with it, but are there any other things i should not have enabled/disabled in my tcp/ip settings. Or, andy other ideas you can think of. I used to be able to connect, but now i cannot.

I have a another program called Xfser or somthing like that, and when i try to connect with that, it will connect, but the application will go into a Not Responding mode, and eventually do nothing for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ron
Old Oct 01, 2003, 07:10 PM

Just an Idea...

When you start up your xbox, make sure your computer is already on. Evox has to see a connection to enable the IP address.

Once you tried that go to your system setings in EVOX and tell us what you see for an ip address.

Also try flashfxp and make sure your user/pass is xbox/xbox.