CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 28, 2004, 09:12 PM

Default Sweet Lord, someone help me connect to my XBOX

sponsored links

I have done this before numerous times, but now I cannot get it to work. Last time i did this was about 4 months ago, and since have installed a lot of apps on my pc and such. IP address of Xbox is 192.168.0.2, my one Nic card is set to 192.168.0.1. Subset masks are good, and when i hit connect, it sits there and sits there and eventually comes back cannot connect. I have tried using WS-FTP, and through command prompt.

Are there any apps on my machine that would cause this. Any services that may be running that are blocking my ftp requests. The only firewall i use is the generic windows xp one, but i shut that off. ANy other things someone can think of that may cause this.

I have my Evox up, connected with crossover cable to my pc, and nothing. I have my network + cert., and i cannot figure this out, so feel free to speak techie to me if necesary.

Thanks,
ROn
Old Mar 29, 2004, 10:29 AM
Veteran

default gateway in evox should match your pc's nic

other than that only other thing i can think of is make sure that the password in your ftp client matches evox's (case sensitive)- maybe an idea to just re do them in evox.

and also make sure that that evox network is set to static as opposed to DHCP/dynamic.

when you connect the xbox to the pc and turn it on- does it show you a ip address (make sure you have a skin that shows it- e.g. slayers) if it is 0.0.0.0 then reboot the xbox and see if the ip is showing
Old Mar 29, 2004, 12:26 PM

Thank you sir, will try this when i get home!
Old Apr 01, 2004, 09:33 PM

i had the same problem, my time and date wasnt up to date on my xbox, i set it and it worked, very weird heh works fine again